1975 Ke30 Honda F20C Conversion

maccat01

Members dont see this ad

My front brakes looked huge by them self but inside the wheels they look tiny. Oh well

post-16294-0-34622500-1396264781_thumb.jpg

Test fitted rear wheels on car. Have found ill need to flare the rear guards about an inch. Shouldnt need to add any material as I'm hoping that a bit of heat and hammer and dolly will flare it out ok.post-16294-0-93203000-1396265331_thumb.jpgpost-16294-0-90224600-1396265447_thumb.jpg

Lastly, I have polished the lips on all the wheels. They were badly damaged on two of the wheels and the one in the pic was the worst. So they came up good.

post-16294-0-80710200-1396265527_thumb.jpg

Hello all.

In my quest to have a massive audio/ visual system that fits my car without taking up too much space i have decided to use the factory dash location to mount a centre speaker for my dvd unit.

In looking at all the 5x7 and 6x8 speakers on the market and hearing they are not much good and relatively pricey for their odd form it also occured to me that i would need to wire the one speaker to either my left or right front headunit channel. So not a real centre speaker then :( I then found some small mono amps (bout the side of a couple of match boxes) but they are only available in japan and cost ALOT of money to not only buy but then import.

So instead of speanding $400 on new gear, I have dug up a pair of competition pioneer 4 inch splits i had in my Ignis Sport.

My plan is to make a rectangle mdf panel approx 4 inches wide by 10 inches long and cut a hole for each of the speakers. With this setup, i can then run a four inch speaker off my front right and front left headunit channels. With two separate drivers right next to each other it will sort of work like a psudo centre channel where the speakers are mounted so close to each other the spilt in left to right sounds will be very difficult to hear.

Pics to come.

Ive also decided to make my own projector headlights. I bout a bi-xenon hid projector kit from ebay and will be buying a set of raybrig 7 inch headlight housings to modify.

Btw, when I cut out the corolla floor so the s2000 tunnel becomes the under side of the car, I have left the ke30 floor braces in place to keep the strength in the floor.

So underneath the s2000 tunnel will be nothing but the factory structure. Will look a bit odd but its the only way I can think to run this tunnel and keep the car from flexing. I am open to other suggestions or ideas on the matter. So fire away :-D

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all.

The corolla has gone to Cooma to get a huge amount of welding done.

I attempted it myself, but as I am new to welding I have sent it to my Uncles house to get welding done.

Fuel tank is being modified for Honda pump and sender unit, transmission tunnel is being modified and welded in, seat rails are being modified, the body is being seem welded and the exhaust is being fabricated from stainless with magnaflow straight through mufflers And all for a couple of hunder dollars :).

Pictures to follow.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all. Long time no update.

Car is still away getting things welded.

But in the mean time I have built myself some projector headlight.

I have worked out a way to fit some spot lights in the standard indicator sport and have purchased all parts to build a stainless 2.5 inch exhaust.

The polishing is coming along ok and I'm doing about 2 hours a day so its not so monotonous.

post-16294-0-30462000-1401353103_thumb.jpgpost-16294-0-78519400-1401353156_thumb.jpgpost-16294-0-66475700-1401353205_thumb.jpgpost-16294-0-41938200-1401353310_thumb.jpgpost-16294-0-36160700-1401353431_thumb.jpg