Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1975 Ke30 Honda F20C Conversion

Featured Replies

  • Author

Have now finished cutting out dash to fit the s2000 cluster. I cut a piece of the Honda cluster surround out to use so I can neatly recess the cluster and so it have a bit of shade from the sun. These dashes are a nightmare to see in sun light. The f20c will not start without a standard s2000 cluster...

 

post-16294-0-84057500-1374935107_thumb.jpg

 

Have also purchased some steel to fabricate my transmission and engine mounts.

I will be using 26mm suspension bushes in my trans mounts and 45mm suspension bushes in my engine mounts.

  • Replies 161
  • Views 447.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • So my "work truck" corolla blew a head gasket, and I haven't had much time to do the s2krolla. The head gasket and electrical problems on the other rolla now solved/ fixed so I can continue work on th

  • Plastic welded together to make right shape         start for fibre glassing job     whole facia shaped and brackets made for radio and gauge cluster.     switches fitted for air

  • Darthleeweed
    Darthleeweed

    Good Job Macca keep at it :)

Posted Images

  • Author

Gearbox mount half done. Hopefully finish next weekend along with engine mounts.

 

post-16294-0-18248400-1375014218_thumb.jpg

 

post-16294-0-36169400-1375014390_thumb.jpg

looking good mate, keep up the good work and the pics.

  • Author

So ive managed to snare a good condition bonnet with chrome vents, ship from a bloke in queensland for $150. Was a great score. But when toll shipped it the ends of the bonnet got bent!!!!! bit of a pain in the ass but still in pretty good condition. The webbing on the underside is still stuck to the outerskin so bonus!!!!

  • Author

So I'm bout to order my suspension from shockworks in melbourne.

It consists of xt130 spindles welded to ae86 coilvers with s13 silvia strut tops.

Will be running the ae86 rear shocks too. Just without the coil and the spring seat. Should look overrated and goes great with my planned colour scheme ;-D will post pics when they arrive

  • 2 weeks later...

Hey mate. Just so u know. F20c will run without the cluster. Just might need to wire a couple of the power wires up. I've used the cluster in my f20 swap but a mate hasn't in his f20 datto and runs sweet.

  • Author

Just easier to use the cluster :-). I'm running the whole s2000 wiring harness, all the air conditioning gear and all its controls.

  • Author

Ive just purchased ke20 license plate lights for my rear bar. All new Superpro bushes are on the way and ive cut the engine crossmember appart.

Hoping to get some more done this weekend.

In half way through polishing all the engine ancillaries and have started to remove the casting marks from the gear box.

I'm hoping that when its all polished, that i can keep it polished and with no texture left on the aluminium, it should be fairly easy to upkeep with a touch of polish.

I have sourced some S13WB hilux calipers and they are being refurbished and they will be mated to the xt130 coilvers with a ford transit front brake rotor.

Havent achieved much on the car lately as my job has been pretty fullon lately.

Pics to come soon.

I think the clusters look awesome too. I didn't bother with the ac or anything tho. I was going to then decided against it, mainly because I couldn't be bothered making it all fit lol

  • Author

Yeah mate. Its a pain in the arse to fit. But as I have welded the s2000 trans tunnel into the corolla i thought id use as much honda as possible.

I have the full wiring harness going in, lengthened and shortened in different places to fit the four door body. I'm installing the s2000 dash controls and the indicator and washer stalks. All the door locks are honda as is the fuel pump. The s2k pedals, booster and master cylinder are also in there.

Its different but very time consuming.

Looking good mate, good to hear your also using as many s2k parts as possible. I must say your taking it alot further than me, keen as to see it come together. I was also considering the aircon side of things as i have all the bits also but I'm not sure ill go that way. Might have to see how you do your ac set up and get a few ideas. Keep those pics coming !

  • Author

Cheers mick. Progress has been slow lately due to low bank account and needing to buy a new welder.

Ive gone down the path of putting the S2k transmission tunnel into the corolla and It will be extended right back underneath the rear EVO seats.

I had to sell my new WRX to enable my build so i want it to be as modern as possible. With the S2K tunnel and ke30 dash together in the car there is only about an in ch of space between then. There also isnt much room for the front seats, as recaro seats are built for skinny people, but for some reason the seats are extremely wide.

When the new welder turns up I will finish the crossmember.

Pics of your car have been very helpful in pointing me in the right direction. Instead of attaching checkerplate to the bottom of the cross member though, I will be welding some three mm sheet to plate where I have cut and will be welding six mm plate under the engine mounts. As I am only a beginner welder, I need tgo make the job as easy as possible for myself.

Pics to come later tonight

  • Author

Some pics that have been left out.

 

I mounted both the seats in the car and they only just clear the door trims..... I want to keep the s2k trans tunnel as it came from the honda for the strength.. Ill probably end up cutting the whole trans tunnel out of car so there will be much more room when the honda one is in there.

Was also trying to achieve an impossible dream by doing panel work with a gasless mig.... not good. So my new CIG weld mig will arrived this week some time so i can start to clean up my own mess!!!! NEVER GASLESS MIG A CAR BODY... DISASTER.... The perils of learning i guess

 

post-16294-0-34322800-1378812615_thumb.jpg

 

post-16294-0-90887100-1378812657_thumb.jpg

 

post-16294-0-73847700-1378812706_thumb.jpg

 

post-16294-0-61617800-1378812758_thumb.jpg

 

post-16294-0-94532800-1378813469_thumb.jpg

Edited by maccat01

Crappy welding? Let me irtroduce you to Mr Grinder! Many an abysmal weld has been made to look great by the application of time, elctricity and grinding discs.. sometimes even cutting discs! Besides, a lot of those welds will not be seen!

 

However, there is no solution like gas with Mig, it is well worth the many dollars it costs!

 

Getting the power down through the rear suspension will be interesting!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.