Ae 82 20V Ftw..!

nerfbat

so, after going for a spin in an '82, i had to have one...

but ended up with 2..!

for a while anyway, lol

first one

20120723_000240.jpg the night i picked this one up from Caloundra

this one has a 16v Bigport in her, new extractors, hi flow Cat, 2 1/4" exhaust, 3"chrome dumper, now
Many thanks to The Muffler King Crew in Toowoomba. Best in the Bizz!
ph 46324990

Tinted windows

rest is std

20120724_085223.jpg20120725_121621.jpg

20120728_095649.jpg

20120725_185452.jpg windows getting done by Andrew from Signs on Time

more to come

Edited by nerfbat

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20120729_133622.jpg

i then picked up Jord's 20v from here, and as it had the std body, ie no twinky grill or tailgate, I ripped them off the one above, and put them on the 20V car

pictured below, as i got her, pretty much

20120802_002504.jpg20120802_110848.jpg

20120802_110913.jpg

the 2 together

20120803_165353.jpg20120803_165437.jpg

What are your thoughts on comparing the 2?

i am new to them mate, and kick myself for not 'discovering' these earlier...!

i used to work with Tony Dove at TunzaGames and used to LOL at him when he raced down the street, shoulda went for a spin and it would have converted me then and there..

now to compare them, from my point of view, the 16V seems just slightly more responsive, i assume its due to the TVIS among other things i don't understand. it seemed to rev limit at 7800 RPM

the 20V however, seems only slightly less responsive, but revs happily to 8300ish RPM(going by the in dash tacho anyway).

but i do love how the 20V seems to pull harder at the higher end of the rev range

I'm sure you guys who are in the know, can explain the science better than me.

would love some input

i am new to them mate, and kick myself for not 'discovering' these earlier...!

i used to work with Tony Dove at TunzaGames and used to LOL at him when he raced down the street, shoulda went for a spin and it would have converted me then and there..

now to compare them, from my point of view, the 16V seems just slightly more responsive, i assume its due to the TVIS among other things i don't understand. it seemed to rev limit at 7800 RPM

the 20V however, seems only slightly less responsive, but revs happily to 8300ish RPM(going by the in dash tacho anyway).

but i do love how the 20V seems to pull harder at the higher end of the rev range

I'm sure you guys who are in the know, can explain the science better than me.

would love some input

Yeah me to, got my 1st 82 in 04 and to think I laughed at the thought of driving a fwd corolla around.

Exactly as I have seen it too mate, the 16v feels like a better engine than a 20v but then you get the excuse 'ah it because the conversion was done wrong'

i have since passed the 16V off to a good mate, who keep improving on what i started.

As i didnt want to strip it and use it purely for a parts car

he may or may not start a rides thread.

as for the 20V, as you can see from the above pics, it sits a tad high, so i ordered Kings super low rear springs

also booked her in to Muffler Kings, to get a Hi Flow Cat, and 2 1/4" exhaust, 3" dumper, on Thursday
give the legends a call on 04324990

more pics tomorrow

Edited by nerfbat