Ke30 2 Door Project

the_ke55!

Jessie, Do the manual conversion now, and register it as a manual, then drop in the 4K after it's rego'ed. :)

Mu wags went to a roady with a 4k 5spd instead of 3k four speed... They pulled me up on reverse lights, wiper blades and drivers seat.. Don't think they give a rats about which k motor is in it :)

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

quick update.

havent really touched the car since i got it due to moving houses and startin a new job, but today i started on body work.

still tryin to get info if i can put the 4k 4 speed manual in and still have it registered, id do it now but i don't wanna get to the place and then them tellin me that its gotta be the stock engine, so yeh just been doin a little research n gettin info. but i think its fine to do so but you needa certificate from a mechanic to say that it was once a smaller engine n its been replaced or some shit, haha.

so basicly ive just been gettin rid of surface rust and bogging n yeh gettin ready for primer.

- jesse

• 2 weeks later...

bit of an update not much though haha,

there was a little bit of surface rust form on the roof above the passenger door, sanded back that then filled it n primer.

post-15829-0-60214200-1348802641_thumb.jpg post-15829-0-26243000-1348802662_thumb.jpg post-15829-0-56544300-1348802676_thumb.jpg

then on my phone took some pics with some photo editor haha. looks cool!

post-15829-0-10624400-1348802701_thumb.jpeg post-15829-0-48417700-1348802713_thumb.jpeg

post-15829-0-64949100-1348802746_thumb.jpeg

this weekend my mates comin down, gonna get the welder on to some rust spots ive discovered!

so ill have some updates next week.

cheers jesse

G'day all,

Small update

Me n a mate have fixed most serious rust spots last weekend, then I filled n primed it.

This weekend is gonna be a bit more interesting, gonna take out the 3k and get the engine bay ready for the 4k manual, so excited!

Will let ya's know how that goes or if it happens haha

Cheers jesse

Having a higher positive offset on a wheel increases the chances of the inside wall of the tyre/or inner lip of the rim to contact the strut or spring perch.

A wheel with more negative offset tend's to have some sort of dish.

I'm no expert, basically things I've picked up reading on here.

Edited by DZach23