What Master Cylinder Will Swap With A Ke10

CorollaNut68

Members dont see this ad

I thought you should be able to master cylinders through a brake place atleast? Plus America might be different to Australia in availability

But yes I found out the hard way when I did my wheel cylinders..

Having it rebuilt/ sleeved is probably the way to go then

Thanks for the ideas....I see it listed at a lot of places but out of stock when I try to order it..one place says I can ship it to them and they will ship it back when done, being as it's my only vehicle right now I was hoping to just swap something without a lot of downtime. I have one place to call on Monday...NAPA, (just had a 'DOH!' moment as I was writing this and checked their site) they list it with the correct picture, but it's best to call first and make sure, I have gotten some original style things from them before but they are higher than everyone else too. I'm trying to get her back to, and keep her in, as original order as I can. ('cept for those 12 inch wheels and drum brakes...I'll keep my 13's and discs, and just use the 12's for shows when she's done.)

Early galant master cylinders GA-GD models, are dual and have the same bolthole spacing. You also have options for a matching size bore and at least one other size so you can tune your braking a little if you want.

Is this a straight bolt in deal Philbey, or are some mods needed??

Also homerske-17 runs a 626 master in his to get dual circuit(which is needed for engineers in Vic)

Hey Stu, the Mazda 626 rear wheel drive and rx4 cylinders are very similar if not the same.

To fit the ke10 you elongate the two mounting holes about 1.5 mm and shave the sides of the mounting flange

To fit between the firewall supports. Also make the hole in the firewall a couple of mm larger

In diameter. I think you might even be able to use the standard brake lines

Cheers Justin

Hey Stu, the Mazda 626 rear wheel drive and rx4 cylinders are very similar if not the same.

To fit the ke10 you elongate the two mounting holes about 1.5 mm and shave the sides of the mounting flange

To fit between the firewall supports. Also make the hole in the firewall a couple of mm larger

In diameter. I think you might even be able to use the standard brake lines

Cheers Justin

Thanks Justin.

I'll hunt for one at a center road and sus it out. They are the ones with the remote reservoirs correct?

• 2 weeks later...