Ke30 Help/suggestions/tips

BO55KE

Hi guys,

I'm looking at buying a Ke30 finally, I've wanted one since I was about 6. I'm going to look at it on the weekend and if all goes well, I'm hoping to make it mine. The car is in fairly stock form, including the 3k.

Now I have a few questions. Firstly, what are the main things to look for/common areas to keep an eye on when purchasing a Ke30?

I've already been informed of rust, which I know is common, especially along the bottom of the doors. Anything extra would be much appreciated.

Secondly, how is the 3k motor for things like reliability, fuel consumption etc. I ask because the car will be my daily. My first car was a Ke70 with a stock 4k, but that was 8 years ago, so I don't remember alot about it as far as issues/common problems are concerned.

Like I said any help/suggestions or tips would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Anthony

Members dont see this ad

not sure why no one has posted here. From my own issues I am dealing with my car, Id recommend checking to make sure everything is legal. If you have emissions, ensure it is all there. You already know to look for rust. I am not sure about the engine due to mine being a 2tc. lastly the transmission, if you want a standard, Just buy a standard up front and save conversions. I kinda wish I did, but the project aspect is always fun. GL with your car searching.

Hey Ryan, cheers for your input mate. I'll be definitely making sure everything is legal, don't want any headaches.

I'll also be hoping that most parts, including transmission have been left standard. I agree with you, the project aspect is always fun, but this will strictly be my daily, then down the track if I have enough funds it will turn into a project.

Thanks again,

Anthony

just check out everything thats gonna cost you money down the track. everythings probably stock if its standard, so wear and tear will hit all tierods, balljoints,bushes, brakes, suspension, tyres etc... id check the boot, pull out the boot seal rubber and check the tracks for rust, also take the spare tyre out and check for rust. dash's crack, seatbelts fray

3k is a good motor just service it and itl be good for another hundred thou. you shouldnt have much drama finding a nice car good luck

A car this old rust is the only killer .Where they rust under the battery holder front rail and front cross member ( under radiator)

Also spare wheel well ,around boot rubber,rear wheel arch, rear quarters, rear window,if it doent have rust here must be the only one.

K engines will most likely go for ever.

rob

Thanks so much for all the replies guys, it means alot. I did check all possible places for rust, only places I could spot were the bottom of both the front and rear passenger side doors and around the rear window, so I'm pretty happy with that.

Surprisingly the seatbelts aren't frayed and it doesn't even have one dash crack!!!

I just picked my little gem lastnight, a 4 door 78' ke30.

Its the typical mustard colour, has been lowered 2 inches all round. I will be starting a new "Rides" thread, so keep an eye out.

Thanks again,

Anthony