Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1978 Ke30 Two Door Street Racer Project

Featured Replies

  • Author

nice progress there mate. keep it up.

 

Thanks =)

  • Replies 66
  • Views 51.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

really like this thing, should be a little beast with that motor setup, i had bike carbs on my rt80 corona and it worked pretty good, but i didn't set it up very good and the carbs were pretty small, i'm gonna re-do my setup with some gsx 750 carbs, and they are cheaper than webers etc.... :y:

  • Author

Thank you:-)

I hope that it will be a fun ride:-) I've got some friends with very good knowledge on ford engines, one of them is the previous owner of an infamous blue wrc escort...;-) and he recon that with the setup I will run I should we 150+rwhp.... And that's before I change the cams....:-))

So hopefully it will be a sweet ride with a little umph...:-))

 

Again, thanks for all the kind words and interest:-))

Thank you:-)

I hope that it will be a fun ride:-) I've got some friends with very good knowledge on ford engines, one of them is the previous owner of an infamous blue wrc escort...;-) and he recon that with the setup I will run I should we 150+rwhp.... And that's before I change the cams....:-))

So hopefully it will be a sweet ride with a little umph...:-))

 

Again, thanks for all the kind words and interest:-))

 

That Escort was amazing!!

 

I don't think you'll have too much trouble getting that power, the heads on them are pretty good from factory.

  • Author

Tell me about it...:-)) the car was amazing...everything on that car was 110% all the time.... Insane car:-)

 

The heads are really good, so I can't hardly wait to get it set up and dynoed.....:-))

  • Author

Got some more stuff done this weekend, not to much but.....

371248C2-24DF-4F61-B820-62C0FD1EA99F-1585-000001CE1370DE5A.jpg

 

1F009351-0F8E-463B-8876-DE25AAE01A7E-1585-000001CE044116F4.jpg

 

57728A27-AFE3-4D80-BFC5-934B6C513A58-1585-000001CE0BEFADED.jpg

 

I also got some stuff in the mail.....

E4E51EB4-76FD-4434-A60F-7A6BEAC18E78-1585-000001CC46339692.jpg

 

New bellhousing, T9 to Zetec....

7BA6BA27-138E-4E24-94DF-8A9FE7F6BF60-1585-000001CC4DD478B9.jpg

 

E6F06F70-4CC9-4FA3-9E8B-364112AC0A48-1585-000001CC566EB352.jpg

 

T9 gearbox.....

 

BDA299C7-E442-4B55-A8B5-B73E7BCEDDAC-1585-000001CC5E705F4F.jpg

 

AE86 front struts....

 

Hopefully I will get some more things done this week.....

 

Anyone bought windscreen seals front and rear from Ebay? Mine is so hard, that the only way I can get them out of the car I think is to cut them....

  • Author

Some pics of the new flares....

 

33943372-A4FE-4BBE-9412-6DAD99B304D4-3529-0000045E3CC3027D.jpg

 

B300F1CF-8082-469C-A641-EB5868AEFD45-3529-0000045E35A6714F.jpg

 

99E4B5DE-861F-4F0D-B006-6C9C6065DC3C-3529-0000045E2AF3618D.jpg

 

D00808F6-56EF-4912-9D5D-4ABE3171BAFF-3529-0000045E2425CEAB.jpg

 

C6F2FAF9-E79E-4634-A341-FD08DE68B0AA-3529-0000045E1DBBE5A8.jpg

 

0C7810FB-A715-43DB-9D52-4D6B4F91C12D-3529-0000045E1784BB32.jpg

 

99A3C88F-3A26-4943-A75C-B82ED211CD10-3529-0000045E1006C485.jpg

 

My innlet manifold is on its way to, so hopefully i can start to plan the engine transplant soon....

Only some small things left before paint, will have to wait until start of next year to get it painted though... Wifey not to keen on me being in the garage all the time now so.....

hiya, yeah i use the aussie ebay winscreen seal rubbers from phils rotarys, so far ive never had a drama,

 

cheers!

  • Author

F83280B0-C558-4851-9339-A2EE14B29B8A-399-00000100F8D6FC1C.jpg

 

4AFE399C-EA15-4187-B01C-232D7DDCB7EB-399-0000010101026C98.jpg

 

C0C70392-A357-4EEE-A29F-BE31A342051A-399-000001010956736E.jpg

 

 

This is with 9" wheels... ET -15.... Think I need ET 10 or 15....

 

The front look alright...

 

9083CE9F-3FAE-4DCC-96E2-C925D7C453AB-399-00000101205DB2A2.jpg

 

1DC65BFC-2CD6-4886-808D-BB24A952D120-399-00000101174CDA1B.jpg

Edited by timj

  • Author

Will need to lover it a bit thoug:-) the ca rests on the rear axel, so it won't be any lover when on its wheels I guess...:-(( so seems like I need to slam it down 7cm....

Can i lover it that much??

Edited by timj

definately lower it man. WIl look great!

  • Author

I should think so:-)

The only thing I worry about is if its possible to lover it that much.....

  • Author

Oh happy day:-) my inlet manifold arrived today:-))

Pics later:-))

Love your wheel / tire combo. can't wait to see it resting on its own feet.

  • 8 months later...

So... Any news? Got an ol' -77 2-door KE30 myself, and have some similar ideas. Very interested in the intake setup.

 

Hope you haven't given up! |blink|

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.