Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ae82 Twincharged Corolla - Sznaps

Featured Replies

Hi,

 

I would like to present my rolla which is my sort of obsession :-) Its now twincharged and I think it is very near its complete state (which I am not sure what is exactly :-)) - Let me tell you my story.

 

All started in 2008 when i was desperately looking for something with 4age engine. This E8 appeared on the marked and on the every next day I made a deal with its owner. It was a bit rusty but the engine was in great condition, car was light and nimble, had this smell of old inside :-) it was just great.

 

I will post pics in separate posts of different stages that the car went through since than.

 

This is how it was on the beginning:

 

DSC02894.jpg

image002.jpg

DSC02897.JPG

DSC02878.JPG

DSC02880.JPG

DSC02914.JPG

Edited by Sznaps

  • Replies 195
  • Views 440k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

  • Author

The age was great however it lacked torque. I started looking for a way to take care of it and eventually I came around this Levin GT-Z which was bought for engine transplant. The Levins chasis took my friend to put there some more powerful unit but so far it waits for its turn :-)

 

DSC03002.jpg

DSC03003.jpg

DSC03004.jpg

DSC03099.JPG

DSC03129.JPG

  • Author

Swapping the engine was just the part of plan. I wanted to eradicate the rust completely and bring the car to proper clean state. So I started collecting stuff that I knew would come in handy - whiteline sway bars, fibre glass hood and hatch, new fenders, wheel arches and other body elements, completed also bigger brake kit (275mm), and all suspension rubber elements were replaced with poliurethane ones (also for engine mounts).

 

DSC03084.JPG

DSC03085.JPG

DSC03110.JPG

DSC03113.JPG

gold_mounts.jpg

  • Author

At the beginning of 2010 the 4age left its place and went to other E8 to serve its rally purpose. In the meantime agze was cleaned, got new Toyota seals, belts, etc.

 

DSC03080.JPG

DSC03081.JPG

DSC03082.JPG

DSC03135.JPG

DSC03137.JPG

Edited by Sznaps

  • Author

Well then we stripped the chassis and were not happy with what we saw. The rust was a bit more severe than it seemed before.

 

DSC00090.JPG

DSC03128.JPG

DSC00092.JPG

DSC03130.JPG

DSC03133.JPG

  • Author

This part of rebuild was a nightmare. It took well over 6 months and seemed to have no end. The corroded parts were cut off and replaced with healthy steel. Chasis has been then sanded and pre painted.

 

20090406_002.jpg

20090430.jpg

DSC03148a.jpg

DSC03149.JPG

DSC03198.JPG

DSC03200.JPG

DSC03203.JPG

DSC03206.JPG

DSC03216.JPG

DSC03218.JPG

  • Author

The time has come to choose paint. I chose white from FIAT 500 palette. I had in mind black and white color scheme.

 

CIMG3943.JPG

CIMG4048.JPG

CIMG4230.JPG

CIMG4233.JPG

DSC00204.jpg

Edited by Sznaps

  • Author

The assembly time. It was very cool to see how it all comes back to life again :-)

 

CIMG4580.JPG

CIMG4581.JPG

CIMG4600.JPG

CIMG4612.JPG

CIMG4670.JPG

CIMG4685.JPG

CIMG4683.JPG

CIMG4689.JPG

CIMG4727.JPG

CIMG4696.JPG

CIMG4697.JPG

CIMG4687.JPG

CIMG4735.JPG

CIMG4738.JPG

CIMG4787.JPG

CIMG4788.JPG

CIMG4789.JPG

CIMG4790.JPG

CIMG4792.JPG

CIMG4814.JPG

CIMG4807.JPG

CIMG4811.JPG

CIMG4809.JPG

CIMG5821.JPG

CIMG5824.JPG

CIMG5828.JPG

CIMG5832.JPG

CIMG5895.JPG

CIMG5930.JPG

CIMG5932.JPG

CIMG5933.JPG

CIMG5935.JPG

CIMG5958.JPG

CIMG5959.JPG

CIMG5961.JPG

CIMG5965.JPG

CIMG5970.JPG

CIMG5974.JPG

CIMG5983.JPG

CIMG5986.JPG

CIMG5992.JPG

CIMG5998.JPG

CIMG5980.JPG

CIMG6093.jpg

CIMG6097.jpg

CIMG6095.jpg

CIMG6096.jpg

20100707_010.jpg

20100707_009.jpg

20100707_008.jpg

  • Author

At the end of 2010 the stage I was complete. Car was up and running with 4agze. The engine got bigger 175mm crank pulley and piggy back ecu managemenet which allowed to increase power a bit due to bigger boost. I was amazed how this worked in nimble ae82 chassis. It also got this ugly hood scoop due to TMIC - I hated that but it was a great starting point for another stage (any excuse better than no excuse) :-)

 

CIMG6345.jpg

CIMG6342.jpg

CIMG6349.jpg

CIMG6348.jpg

DSC_3832.jpg

DSC_3899.jpg

DSC_3856.jpg

DSC_3839.jpg

DSC_3847.jpg

CIMG6360.jpg

CIMG6363.jpg

CIMG6364.jpg

CIMG6366.jpg

CIMG6367.jpg

CIMG6371.jpg

  • Author

In 2011 not much was done with the car I spent more time enjoying it on the street and track days. However some things were added.

 

I did put in BC Racing suspention. Mainly BC because it was only P&P option for AE82 that I had access to. I am very happy with it so far.

 

CIMG6442.jpg

CIMG6443.jpg

CIMG6444.jpg

CIMG6445.jpg

CIMG6449.jpg

CIMG6450.jpg

CIMG6453.jpg

CIMG6457.jpg

CIMG6635.jpg

CIMG6637.jpg

  • Author

I made up my mind to adapt center console for some additional indicators (volt, oil pressure, oil temp). I used VDO gauges from Audi 80

 

CIMG6502.jpg

CIMG6503.jpg

CIMG6504.jpg

CIMG6505.jpg

CIMG6521.jpg

CIMG6524.jpg

 

and then I had it flocked:

CIMG6595.jpg

CIMG6603.jpg

CIMG6604.jpg

Przymiarka: CIMG6613.jpg

  • Author

At this point I started to think how to increase power. First I was thinking about mounting SC14 supercharger. I actually bought one but when I was thinking how to mount it I realized that it would not be worth it most probably. The SC14 would not fir in AE82 in place of original SC12 supercharger so it would have to be moved to the front of the engine while alternator would have to be moved to the back. That much work + costs and most probably 20-30hp gain and I made my decision that it is not the way I want to go and sold the sc14.

 

However the idea of twincharging came along. The problem was that there is no solid info about twincharging anywhere - most of things you find is speculation and ideas. I thought that it is worth the risk and bought initially some pieces for this setup.

 

EVO X TD05h-12G turbo, intercooler, supra IIIgen 440cc injectors

 

IMG_20110402_173036.jpg

IMG_20110402_173051.jpg

CIMG6679.jpg

 

Initial fitment to have an indea how will it be with space for turbo in ae82

IMG_20110402_183139.jpg

20110404267.jpg

  • Author

I bought this 4age turbo manifold hoping that I will be able toa dapt it for TD05 - later on it turned out that this would not work and I had to have custom manifold made from the scratch.

 

kol1.jpg

kol2.jpg

  • Author

Some 2011 pics

 

CIMG6887.jpg

CIMG6925.jpg

CIMG6898.jpg

1907sluzewrally.jpg

100_7707.jpg

2011-09-17 15.jpg

IMG_2118.jpg

IMG_1637.jpg

IMG_1679.jpg

IMG_1718.jpg

IMG_2003.jpg

IMG_2117.jpg

IMG_1640.jpg

DSC05942.jpg

Edited by Sznaps

  • Author

Ae92 4age vs ae82 4agze

 

Corolla E12 TS 2zzge vs ae82 4agze

 

Duel with jeeres silvertop 20v

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.