Ke30 Roll Cages

79corolla

Members dont see this ad

Ordered one last week off bonds , six point ,double cross brace,side intrustion bars and harness bar etc 1740 landed.( basic cams spec)

The bonds guys are very helpful and no there sh#t .

Buggar no christmas holidays for me haha. :oops:

rob

what material did you get?

I see they offer cold drawn seemless, cold drawn welded and Cro-moly.

CDS Dave i just went with what they recomended .The reason i went with bonds a mate of mine just built a wrx and got them to do the cage and suspention points

seat mounts etc it is a true work of art but not cheap 8000.

But then you would not put a bolt in six point in wrx/evo as there a shit load faster than a old ke (except trds car :wave: )

I ve heard that chrome moly cages have broken in a big hit ,seems as if it gets brittle as it gets old.

As for a 650 dollar cage i would be very care full,you might have trouble when it comes time to get it log booked.

I m going to pull my old alloy cage out and flog it off ,as there basic not usable any where now.

rob

A point of interesting, all these fancy new cars with carbon fibre "pods" for the interiour/driver, all the race cars have bolt in cages. As you can't weld steel to carbon!

This is my favourte photo in regards to bolt in cages. Zoom in ;)

http://i35.tinypic.com/2ppneae.jpg

Edited by ke70dave

The accident apparently happened at turn eight of the track, and the results, as you can see from the gallery above, couldn't be any more dramatic. After ramping the tire wall, the car planted nose-first into the ground and flipped forward, coming to a halt on its roof. You can see in the post-pancake-flipping images that the bolt-in roll cage simply punched through the floor, completely failing in its duty.

Incredibly, neither the driver nor passenger were injured in the accident. Reminds us why we prefer weld-in cages with big thick contact pads.

mcrash02.jpg

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

A point of interesting, all these fancy new cars with carbon fibre "pods" for the interiour/driver, all the race cars have bolt in cages. As you can't weld steel to carbon!

This is my favourte photo in regards to bolt in cages. Zoom in ;)

http://i35.tinypic.com/2ppneae.jpg

Which is why, no matter how much money I have I'll never own a composite built car!!

From that photo Dave it only appears to have a rear half cage too, as I can only see two bars poking through the floor. To quote Redwarf "half cages are for halfwits!!"

Edited by kickn5k

Ordered one last week off bonds , six point ,double cross brace,side intrustion bars and harness bar etc 1740 landed.( basic cams spec)

The bonds guys are very helpful and no there sh#t .

Buggar no christmas holidays for me haha. :oops:

rob

So is that a weld in kit?