Ke70Dave's New Toy!

ke70dave

Greetings,

I mentioned this a few weeks ago in the offtopic, but here is a few pics.

Plan to get it on the road and take it camping!

details:

1985 holden drover (rebadged suzuki sierra)

1.3L of overhead cam 2 valve goodness.

148000km, owned from new by my grandfather!

zero rust, interiour is in good condition, just needs a few new rubbers here and there.

my brother found the bull bar for free on gumtree, so slapped that on. looks good i think.

Funky little lion bonnet peice.

mirror tint on side windows and rear window (not sure why...)

i have not actually driven it yet, as when i got it it had a blown headgasket and front diff seals needed replacing. but i went for a drive in it not long ago, seemed to go alright even with the blown headgasket.

currently the head is off and getting a once over at the machinist, hope to get the engine back together this weekend. I rebuilt the diff last weekend, what a messy job! freaking 8hrs of playing with grease.

grandpa drove it SSOOOO SLOOW the pistons and valves were chock a block full of carbon, i was littlerally scraping carbon off the piston with my metal ruler.....at least 2-3mm caked on!

things to be done for RWC:

-new front brake hoses (probably rears too)

-new front pads and discs

-new sump gasket and maybe rear main (doing the front main wtih the head)

-steam clean the underbody as the stuffed diff seals flung grease and oil everywhere

proposed mods:

-A CD player!

-some tyres that might actually grip something

-An in car UHF, i have a giant antenna already.

-deck out the rear with some sort of draws for storing camping stuff, see how that goes.

-remove that mirror tint!

Anyway a few shocking camera phone photos:

IMAG0205.jpg

IMAG0204.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High roofed awesome. I want to buy one of these some day, blast around in it for two weeks til I get bored.

My mate hat a Toyota Blizzard, rare as rocking horse shit, same platform as the daihatsu scat. Cool as but he sold it before I could get my hands on its mustard and teal goodness.

oh i was just reading about that diahatsu scat/taft and the toyota blizzard. The blizard came with a diesel yeah?

cool lookin cars.

A mate of mine has a ~97 sierra, but its a soft top, great car, but man that soft top makes a racket on the highway. Glad i managed to get a hard top, and the high roof edition is a bonus, not to mention the lack of security in a soft top!

Updates! everyone likes updates.

spot the new shiny bit in this photo?

post-2532-0-78464600-1355878004_thumb.jpg

Ignore the power lead....

Head is back on as of last night.

have had a set back, grandpa was for some reason against the idea of coolant, only used water.

Therefore, anything copper/brass in the cooling system is rusted...badly....

so ive got a few bits i need to replace, the main one being this coolant manifold thing that connects to the back of the water pump.

Here is a reproduction one, but for the price I'm not too keen, ill try and track down a decent OEM one i think.

http://www.suzistore.com.au/shopexd.asp?id=441

Radiator is pretty had it as well, on the hunt for a second hand one atm. water pump appears to be in ok condition, just full of muck. ill try clean it before i get a new one.

Luckily the head and block appear to be pretty good for corosion, a bit of evidence of it, but quite minor.