4Age Starting Issue

gt500biatch

hey guys iv got a 4age 20v silvertop, she has been running sweet for the past few years last night it just didnt start its cranking but not turning over. so far iv checked

- coilpacks are working

- sparks are working

- fuel is been fed through (checked the in line) plus all new pumps (2months old)

- battery is fine even tried jumping it

- checked all fuses all seem fine

(running a razorback ecu)

this is the first time that this has happend :( totes randy.

i have a feeling the injectors are blocked :/ but iv sprayed the cleaner through the ITB's (trumpets) ....

Members dont see this ad

My bigport 16V did this, was a blown ECU. EVERYTHING seemed fine, fuses, relays, spark, fuel, timing, injectors etc but one resistor inside the ECU had gone. I'd also check your fusible links if they are the old wire type. Sometimes they can be blown and not look blown. My ECU blew because I had forgotten to replace the 80A link when I blew it, which blew the resistor controlling the EFI.

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

yeh when i was running it with a standard 4age ecu the capacitors ʞ©$ɟed up. is there any way to check to see if the resistors are gone ? but i checked the fuel in lines etc it seems to be feeding it through, is there anyway to check the injectors ? i read a few threads, some say open the fuel rail to see if the injectors are spraying...

just opened up the ecu, no leaks or anything.... just tried to start, it started then died instantly... i have a feeling its something to do with injectors...

and yeh i do have stiff springs and possibly went over bumps, but it ran smooth and then i picked up my dinner got in the car... and she died :'(

it has to be a fuel issue coz iv changes parks checked them and the coilpacks its all sparking, and when i use startyourbastard it starts... so it has to be fuel. the in line has fuel/pressure, the fuel is getting to the injectors but not squirting through .... :(

got the injectors cleaned

What did the tech say about them?? They should be spotlessly clean if the filter is good, they work in a clean environment in the inlet system, not like diesel injectors. I can imagine they would block up if shit came down the line. He would notice that.

Have you pulled the fuel rail connection off and measure the flow rate? Even just to see that it pours out everywhere.

CAR STARTS :D

they were dirty but I'm running 650cc injectors as my motor is modded pretty hard. they wer slightly dirty he said but not that bad, i did take the rail off and give it a real good clean i then played around with the fuel relay and it started. so it was either the relay or the rail that was the issue !

thanks for the help guys :D

• 2 weeks later...