4Age Starting Issue

gt500biatch

Members dont see this ad

Here's my list of things to check or think about (note: I have no experience with 20 valves):

How old is your fuel?

How much fuel is in your tank?

Is your timing set correctly?

Is your knock sensor faulty?

Is you crank angle sensor faulty?

If you are running an intank lift pump, assuming you mounted the pump to the metal pick-up line inside the tank, check to make sure the pump hasn't fallen off it's mount. I've heard this happens on KE70 tanks.

I'll try and think of more stuff later.

Edited by rian

fuel is less than a week old. fuel is about 3/4 timing is fine havnt touched it since the dyno 6months ago or so, no sensors are fualty checked every wire in the car with a testerlight and multimeter. now here is the ʞ©$ɟing weird bit... i went and got a fuel pressure gauge to check if I'm getting enough pressure from the pump through the lines... its reading 40psi and once i fitted it.. she starts !! ??? !!! WHAT THE ʞ©$ɟ?? i don't know if its fixed or its randomly working and will die soon...

• Downvote 1

I sold that car with a fuel pressure guage in the engine bay, 40psi is about what it was at idle.

Sounds like you have fuel supply issues. Id be checking anythign fuel related to make sure its in good working order.

I once had a fuel pump that seemed to overheat, would work fine for 20mins, then stop working, and if you waited for ~10mins, it would work again for another 20mins. Persumably the 10mins was enough of a break to "fix" the fuel pump. never figured that out, but replaced that particular pump and never had a drama.