Raven's Ke36 Panel Van

Raven

I'll drop it off. Need to use it as "evidence" to support my case that the clutch aligning tool I got was useless. Haha.

So don't worry, its safe and sound and came in frickin' handy! Cheers heaps! :yes:

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

So just letting you all know, the panel van hasnt beaten me yet.

The First Problem:

My exhaust completely let go today and started sounding very truck-like, so off to Pole Position Exhausts (top guy, Jason I think his name is) fitted me in straight away.

Apparently, two of the exhaust studs had worked their way loose off the inlet manifold.

The First Solution:

No drama, 20 bucks later plus an exhaust flange which I supplied (because he didn't have any) and it was all fixed, except for the minor manifold leak I have which I will sort out tomorrow providing it doesn't rain.

The Second Problem:

After the exhaust was fixed, I fired up the car to notice that when I revved the motor, the alternator swiveled.

I'd noticed the huge fan-belt squeal I'd had prior to the exhaust letting go but hadn't had a look at it.

So I get the car back here and proceed to unbolt the alternator to find that, lo and behold, one of the bolts for the alternator bracket that bolts to the side of the motor had gone for a walk and the other was half out.

The Second Solution:

Find a replacement bolt in my tin of bolts and proceed to dismantle alternator bracket from alternator and attach aforementioned bracket back to motor and then attach the alternator to bracket.

Other things I did today:

I cut some new carpet for my panel van in the back as the old stuff had gone brittle from last summer.

I cleaned out all the shit that was behind the seats including bottles and an old double cheeseburger container haha.

Re-attached top half of the steering column shroud.

• 4 months later...