Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raven's Ke36 Panel Van

Featured Replies

  • Replies 143
  • Views 44.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Quick update again.

 

I pulled the box out, swapped the forks over, changed the clutch cable to a KE70 one, put it all back in and its still not fully engaging the clutch.

 

I think the problem is the flywheel as they didnt machine the step enough when they machined it.

Edited by Raven

So the box is out hey.....whens the flywheel getting machined? hopefully its in soon so we can croooooooooooooze matey :hmm:

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

OK update.

 

Been trying to get it running to no avail.

 

I've reset the timing, realigned the dizzy, re-aligned the oil pump, replcaed the dizzy cap, cleaned the spark plugs and it tries to fire but just wont fire.

 

Anyone have any ideas?

 

Its getting fuel and its getting spark.

  • Author

Its getting bothhhhhhhhhh.

 

Took the spark plug out and earthed it and had someone turn the motor over. It sparked.

 

Checked for fuel and its gettin' fuel too.

 

The one thing I found and replaced was a broken rotor button, yet it still wont start and pops big flames back through the carby.

 

Hmmm.... I'm thinkin' next thing to do would be the dizzy cap and thats looking pretty worn, thogh I'm gonna try my NIppon-Denso dizzy this Saturday as I know that's been reconditioned at some point.

If its popping flames through the carby it will be a timing problem.

  • Author

Hence the distributor issue which I think I have, because I pulled the dizzy out to try it in **chumps** car and it then wouldnt fire and I put it back in the pano and it hasnt run since but was working previous to me pulling it out.

 

Will try my other dizzy on the weekend when I go pick it up.

  • Author

Update!

 

Its running!

 

The dizzy somehow had managed to be put in 180 degrees after numerous times of resetting it to be pointing at TDC.

 

Anyway, got it all running, took it for a drive and it drives fine but the 5 speed needs a rebuild which I'll do over time or I'll get a KE70 5 speed and swap rear extension housings over. ;)

  • Author

**Update**

 

The so called family friend who had let me use his shed to do the engine swap on the panel van "happened" to put my the gearbox I need to swap back into my panel van and the stuffed motor outside his shed when he had a clean-up and "unfortunately someone stole it in the half hour it was left outside".

 

Bull-f@$king-shit my arse it was stolen. He threw it out or sold it to someone and I'm hell pissed off because I need that gearbox to put back in the panel van.

 

He reckon's he'll get me another one which I think is total bullshit. Anyway, got the rest of my gear, dropped a massive reverse burnout in the coupe and left.

 

f@$king wanker.

 

Raven is pissed off! :P

  • Author

Yeah well the K50 is hammered and that gearbox was in PERFECT condition, like not one noise, shifted perfectly etc etc and I wanted to fit it up next week.

 

He wont be getting any more business regarding body repairs from me or anyone, thats for sure. He f@$ked up. Cockhead.

 

This is probably the most upset I've been in a long time and not many things piss me off, but inconsiderate people who are supposedly friends of the family and do this shit? I don't understand it. I really don't.

 

I know if I had a mate leave some gear at my place, I'd at least ask him to come and pick it not get rid of it. What a tool. Grrr.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.