Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Blue Thing: The Daily / Motorkhana Hack (Now Efi)

Featured Replies

  • Replies 539
  • Views 393.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • EDIT: No furry woodland creatures were harmed in the making of these videos...

  • haha fixed!!

  • The moment of truth.     The sound.....oh my.....the sound!     I don't think I could be much happier with the outcome today, A ) it didn't blow up & B ) she's running healthy. Air:fu

Posted Images

  • Author

The present is indeed awesome, so happy! What made me equally happy, if not more, was the Corolla love. Seriously, when you've just stuffed up & semi-wrecked your car, nothing deters you from throwing a Molotov cocktail at it more than people telling you they have parts if you need them. :blush:

 

It is very much appreciated & will be returned where I can. :y:

 

An engine crane has been borrowed, some bits should arrive tomorrow, some more bits should arrive in the near future. Good times await!

 

Random comparison shot.

 

1508142_10151854157831943_1261682734_n.jpg

  • Author

YouTube video of previously mentioned final flogging, have never revved it this hard before. Would have just bricked the throttle & let it go, but I wanted to keep a running engine if that was the case. Turned out that I needed Blue Thing to 'nudge' Sudi back up the driveway a little so I have some space to work. Had to do some serious de-vegetation work too, actually removal work tomorrow as it's too bloody warm. :D

 

Common, you still had a 1000 to go.... :P

  • Author

I did, the engine didn't. :P

 

The Throw-Out, Part 1.

 

 

The Throw-Out, Part 2.

 

 

Part 3 will come tomorrow, because I'm mean like that. :P

  • Author

Proof that it happened. Damn it feels good to see that! :D

 

1521270_10151857996566943_974839287_n.jpg

good work man. keen for the engine swap? how much is left for the 4ag to be done?

  • Author

Slight change of plan, since I'm going to need to play with wiring/ fuel system etc in that area & the whole engine bay could do with a clean anyway.....This happened, quick & easy when you have a crane & a high-pressure washer.

 

1527068_10151859483211943_2119522332_n.jpg

 

Wasn't happy with the results I got from the electric fuel pump I have laying around (30+psi on the bench-test), so a new low-pressure pump with filters is on order. Don't want to overwork the regulator. :no2:

 

good work man. keen for the engine swap? how much is left for the 4ag to be done?

 

Cheers mate, SO KEEN! :D I'm lucky I have an understanding family, for the first time ever I won't be with my family on Christmas Day this year. Circumstances etc. Although if I don't make it over to Adelaide for my niece's first birthday in a few months, I'm a dead man. Sounded like a fair deal to me!

 

Still a fair bit to do, cam-covers/intake manifold are between coats of paint as I type, mostly fiddly final-test fit type things. Nearly finished compiling my electrical items shopping list, so I can do that all in one go. Gonna have to conquer that gremlin sooner or later, P.S - I dislike wiring.

  • Author

Paint turned out to dry quick enough for a mock-up shot, quite happy with the result. No detailing of the writing, going for somewhat subtle as far as the overall visual theme goes.Nothing against painted cam covers being a feature, they look good in the right application, just not my preference here.

 

1512309_10151859764296943_1314135282_n.jpg

  • Author

There's an upside to days with dodgy, unproductive weather where you can't do much outside. You can spend it inside learning, in my case, Auto-Wiring 101. My dilemma was a safety cut-off for the electric fuel pump, I want one (in the event of an accident etc). I can spend a bit more coin & buy a pressure switch from Holley, but I'd still need to buy adapters etc to run my standard oil pressure switch. Which I haven't had a pleasant experience with in the past, different thread sizes/brass bits cracking.

 

:hmm:

 

So, I got thinking & if there's anyone reading this with a shred of Auto-Sparky Genius, please correct me if I'm wrong here! I was going to write a heap of text, but pictures work better, please excuse the dodgy Paint skillz. These are the two options I've come up with, the first relay is just to give me an independent ignition switched-power source for the second relay.

 

One option, using the standard 'Normally Closed' oil pressure sender as a cut-off for the fuel pumps power supply.

 

post-5437-0-45388500-1387686369_thumb.jpg

 

Another option, using the alternator as the cutoff.

 

post-5437-0-87642700-1387689544_thumb.jpg

 

Thoughts/suggestions welcome! :yes:

  • Author

Yay, wiring! Pickup fuel pump this afternoon hopefully so I can do connectors etc while it rains on/off here, still little bits to do on the engine itself, but soon!

 

1517473_10151862680341943_1142456564_n.jpg

f**k wiring, have fun dude.

  • Author

Oh yeah, fun times! But it'll be a good chance to clean up the loom of useless wires/connectors & neaten it all up a bit.

 

Finished off the intake manifold, the same silver as the cam-covers.

 

1499667_10151863066381943_1249830021_n.jpg

 

1524601_10151863066376943_1243801032_n.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.