Custom Ke 55 Ground Up Restoration.

MIKE KE55

Was up in in the garage at 6:30 today. Dropped the passenger door out and wire wheeled it back to bare metal along with the drivers front quarter.

Some of the metal I'm acid dipping is finished and now I will also add the door hinges.

I need to pop out the front and rear glass but it must be a two man job cause I can't do it. Then I can remove the rest of the paint from the body.

I'm including a pic of the quarter panels facing off so you can see the changes I'm making more clearly.

I intend to twin pipe a muffler for the rear so I will chop the ass out and modify that too adding bolder clean lines from the base of the tail lights down.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I got to work today stripped the other door. Now it's just around the windows and the boot lid to go. Began sanding a panel back to see what it will look like, very impressed.

Then as a treat for over an hour with the grinder, I began reworking the front quarter and hammered out the more aggressive profile I was inspired by in last nights pic post.

So here it is....

Thanks Daisy70. I didn't realise it at the time but I think my bonnet is ke70 era.

So today I slogged away at the boot lid and the front air intake panel that bridges the gap between the windscreen and the bonnet having smashed out the windscreen last night.

I removed the rear glass by myself with the help of an extension cord then removed the paint around it.

So left to strip is the engine bay, front end, rear end and around the doors.

I'm gonna slap some flames on her to take the heat off the custom front end. They will extend pass the windscreen into the dash. Sweeeeeeeet.