Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I Love K Motors

Featured Replies

Gearbox off, head off, stand on chassis rails and dead lift block. 1.5 hours later and I have an empty engine bay awaiting cleaning and then a new motor.

 

Who needs an engine crane? :)

1.5 hours. We managed a complete engine change in 2 or so hours back in the day. That was drive in drive out :)

Its the lack of stuff you don't need that makes it simple.

 

No power steering, no aircon, no ECU stuff, no large complicated overhead cam stuff, no fancy inlet systems and no engine covers..

 

So.. another K motor going in?

  • Author

Yeah, I reckon I could easily do it in two, especially if I had a hoist.

 

Yep, another motor in the shed. That's the other cool thing about K motors, I got it and the box for $100, which may have even been expensive? :)

 

I'm going to give the motor an inspection and put it in if it's OK. I'm debating making a leak down tester to check condition. Even though it's easy swapping, I have trouble finding spare time, so I don't want to have to find and swap another if I can avoid it.

I can remember bending every pushrod after a ten grand gear miss!!, we changed em out on the side of the road and,

carried on great stuff the k motors , push em , break em , fix em......

Got my 3T box and all front suspension and everything out in just under an hour at home by myself, no engine crane balanced it on a jack onto a skate board got a piece of wood and lifted the front of the car up high enough and rolled it all out, but that was working super quick haha. So could do it in 2 hours pretty easy just cruising along.

 

Also this was when I was motivated to work on my shitbox.

  • Author

Nice. I definitely wouldn't try and dead lift a 3T!

Yep, 5k out 3k back in. Fitted a $100 5k and after firing up, it developed a big end noise. Debated leaving it in and crossing fingers as I had an event the next day, but ended up pulling the 5k and throwing the 3k back in the hole. No hoist involved, just a block and tackle in the old mans shed.

I love k motors because it seems I'm replacing everything but the 5k.

Me and Phil (ninjaketo?) lifted a 3t into his rolla definantly don't want to do that again ,ahaha

An uncle lifted and moved a K motor by himself across the shed. Was a power lifter though...

Three star picket, rope, two guys, 24 cans, toolbox= ENGINE SWAP! (ROLLACLUB MEMBERS ONLY!!!!) Do not try this without,

prior early corolla experience!!!!!! VN COMMY BOYS THIS IS NOT FOR YOU!!!!! stick to interceptor wheels and UNIT stickers ,

for your upgrades and, two hands for beginners.....

Carried a 4k across the garage, and i only weigh 60kg haha. Then stripped it down to bare block in 2 hours first time, such simple engines :P

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.