Oil Light After Degrease

lachi3r

From cold, if you go to ign, the light will be on.

Start it up, and the light might flicker, then by the time its up to idle, the light should go out completely.

Then if you turn off the engine, the light shoudl come on once its stopped.

i think anything other than this type of operation somethign is suspect.

Drain the oil if you like, you were going to change it yeah? if so do it all in one go.

take off that manifold thing, new oil filter, clean the manifold in petrol, put it all back together, new oil. should be good to go!

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the light is on when the key is at ign and stays on strong once the car is started. the only one that has gone out after a while is the old one. so far the new one just stays on. but ill take it for a drive and see what happens. is it possible that the new one could just be the wrong one??

Tried taking the sensor off when it had warmed up and the light had gone out... Nothing. Poked it with some wire... Nothing. Sprayed some wd40 in there.. Still nothing. I can't even see where the oil is supposed to come out. There's just that little golf but like in the photo. No hole. Looks like the top of a pop rivet.

Should be the same principle though- I can't imagine what they have in there that transmits force to the oil pressure sensor and changes the switch.

I know mine gets oil in the sensor because the old one leaked! The option of having a sliding piston in there with a seal and it transmits the pressure by compressing the air in front of the sensor.. all too complicated!