4K-C Replacement Fuel Pump

b3arf1ght

Hey guys.

Tuesday morning when I was about to leave for work my sev died whilst I was warming it up. It will turn over but won't fire.

Got the RAA around last night to see if I could get a diagnosis, he told me that my fuel pump ha packed it in.

Got a new pump from Bursons today, the pump itself is exactly the same as the one on the motor at the moment, except it doesn't have a return line.

It has the hole where it should be but it doesn't lead to anywhere and the inside of it isn't threaded. But it came with the necessary return line fitting.

Have I been given the wring pump?

post-18076-0-22064100-1366800213_thumb.jpg

Edited by b3arf1ght

Members dont see this ad

Looks like it's the wrong pump.

It's not wrong for a 4k-c in a ke 55 or earlier (no return line on aus delivered cars) but it is wrong for a 4k-c in a ke70

not sure how critical it is though as usually when you get a pump for an earlier model it is a ke70 item that you then just block the return line for.

Looks like it's the wrong pump.

It's not wrong for a 4k-c in a ke 55 or earlier (no return line on aus delivered cars) but it is wrong for a 4k-c in a ke70

not sure how critical it is though as usually when you get a pump for an earlier model it is a ke70 item that you then just block the return line for.

Thanks mate. Looks like I might need to do a bit more research into blocking the return line I guess.

You should have no problem pulling it apart and replacing it, just swap the newer diaphragm across to it. I've done it on old Galant motors no problem.

When they say it isn't serviceable, they probably just mean they don't make replacement parts for them on their onw.

You should have no problem pulling it apart and replacing it, just swap the newer diaphragm across to it. I've done it on old Galant motors no problem.

When they say it isn't serviceable, they probably just mean they don't make replacement parts for them on their onw.

I'm slightly worried about pulling something like that apart though.

i had this problem with a fuel pump that was on an engine i bought. i just bought a brass bolt and put that in there and it works fine and doesnt piss out fuel

Yeah, I thought about just running it without the return but I don't want to risk fuel spewing out everywhere.