Feral 4Ks New Family Member

Feral4K

Members dont see this ad

Yeah :) Stockies are on our until I but 4 new tyres for my mags lol, maybe until I get new wheels in general. But for now, stocks the way to go!

By the way, what's your guys thoughts on my console I might put in it? Obviously ill source a better looking gearbox boot lol :P

post-17369-0-58539700-1385368662_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

At the moment not much has been happening with the corona. It's being driven around lots, mainly because it's the only manual at in the driveway, and auto sucks haha. The Sun visors' getting there slowly, and I think I've decided to go with an 18RG engine swap if I can manage to get my hands on one. Mainly for the simplicity of the conversion, and how it pretty much bolts in, and it'd be a massive upgrade from the old 12r. My tachos had some interesting problems as it keeps seeming to take all my spark from my coil and make the car stall at traffic lights and backfire horribly or down changes? I'm not sure but removing the signal wire from the tacho makes it run perfectly again.. I have a friend who's dad has an 18rg lying in the shed that he isn't using, I might see if I can hook myself up with a deal. Maybe get dad to respray and restore it for me and I should have an awesome car for when I get my P's next year lol :P

and did you mount the diff below the springs by reversing the shackle or just invert the springs? this is definately the way i am going!!! only issue is i live around the ferntree gully area in esastern melb... getting in and out of my driveway will be the final test. do you scrape speedhumps? my vl touches big ones but it gets in and out of my drive way better than a shopping centre.

Speedhumps, does it scrape?, well no as mentioned previously we drive it everywhere! with as many people as we can jam in it!

HELLO LOWNESS!!!!, it doesnt go fast, it doesnt go round corners too well, it certainly doesnt stop, aaand it doesnt have to!, its just COOL!.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

RUSTWORK ALL DONE! there really was only one 50 cent piece sized hole in the lhf guard, nothing behind it when the guard was removed, Now its time to remove all the stainless trim n chrome, then the lhr 1/4 needs a good cleanup few little trolley dents here and there and paint the little ol girl EASY..... lol

Ok so weve begun the restoration of this ol girl plans are as follows.....

Full panel and paint inside and out

Color will be based on BMWs Marakesh Brown pearl

Full recoed bumpers and chromework

Full rubber kit including screens

Complete bush n rubber kit for suspension etc

Polish and colorcode fr simmons wheels

Fit metal sunvisor and custom venetian

Rwc and reg

CRUISE TILL THE TYRES FALL OFF YEEAAHHHH!

Wish us luck well be updating thread just like the corolla...