FLYGTI

smalla.png smallb.png smallc.png smalld.png

1990-1992 Geo Prizm 1.6L 4AGE

1990-1991 Toyota Corolla 1.6L 4AGE

Part Ref#s:

19100-16260

TY46

This part is compatible with 5 vehicle(s). Notes

Important part details Year Make Model Trim Engine 1.6L 4AGE 1992 Geo Prizm All All 1.6L 4AGE 1991 Geo Prizm All All 1.6L 4AGE 1991 Toyota Corolla All All 1.6L 4AGE 1990 Geo Prizm All All 1.6L 4AGE 1990 Toyota Corolla All All

Looks the same?

Members dont see this ad

early model 4ages = 3 wire distributer (single pickup i think), with a round plug

later model (ie yours) = 4 wires (double pickup?) with a square plug.

The years sound like it will match up, but youd want to check it has thje right number of wires/pickups. from what i can see the plug looks more square than round, but hard to be sure.

where can you buy it? and how much does it cost?

its on ebay. AIP Electronics $278 shipped. Guess Ill find out soon enough.. already bought it.. my part number is 19100-16250 The new part number is 19100-16260. Mine has 4 wires and by the looks of it so does new part( Hard to see) I searched hi and low for replacment but getting hard to source, or I'm looking in wrong place. Fingers crossed! If it does work ill be happy as pig in shit as it states its HD

post-18677-0-19858600-1372126482_thumb.jpg

Edited by FLYGTI

If you get stuck like this again search the part number on Www.toyodiy.com and it will list all the cars it applies to.

PArt numbet ending 60 doesnt exist so maybe its a typo on their part.

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/xref?s=19100-16250&mG=on

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

lol lots of things arent right under my hood.. Althgough on some vary rare gti according to bill sherwood they did have a small port with tvis. However it does seem to me to be frankensteinish.

I don't know the history of the car so I don't know. There are blocked off hoses and plugs not plugged into anything. I assume its not original engine. I can't find the engine number...Where is it located? The block has 7 ribs or at least more than a known 3 rib big port I have.

The car was built for a hill climb racer by some young dude who put the graphics on (most of which I removed)

The engine seems bullet proof and compression tested over the last 3yrs shows even 160psi+ on all four.

Radiator fan is hard wired in.... blah blah blah.

I did notice the tvis badge has been removed with some effort so not sure if its modded.

also zero rust ;) Starting to turn a little now. Shes in for new CVs and replacing coil, igniter and distributor as some freebie platinum plugs ʞ©$ɟed it. Chassis number shows AE92R4agegt1 built on the 6th month of 1992

(- I have also heard that there was a very early (1983) and now rare 4AGE TVIS FWD that had black lettering on the cam cover, but the main difference is that the crank only has six flywheel bolts verses all the other 4AGE's that have eight and so it looks like it has a 4A-C single-cam type crankshaft.

- Another odd 4AGE is one that has red lettering on the top, is fitted with TVIS & a big port head, but has a seven-rib block & a 42mm bearing crank. There are much easier to find around the world. They also appear to have no oil squirters on the inside of the block, unlike the regular small port types which do.) ( ) Is pulled from bills page.

Edited by FLYGTI

lol lots of things arent right under my hood.. Althgough on some vary rare gti according to bill sherwood they did have a small port with tvis. However it does seem to me to be frankensteinish.

I don't know the history of the car so I don't know. There are blocked off hoses and plugs not plugged into anything. I assume its not original engine. I can't find the engine number...Where is it located? The block has 7 ribs or at least more than a known 3 rib big port I have.

Smallport w/TVIS is bullshit, by the way - might be getting confused with early AE92s (JDM) still having the bigport TVIS engines. All Australian AE92/93 SX and GTi had the smallport.

Also, there is such a thing as a 7-rib bigport, they came in the series 2 AW11 MR2s, Series 3 AE82 Twincams, as well as the aforementioned early JDM AE92s (mainly Levins I think)

• Upvote 1

Smallport dizzy too by the looks. The bigport dizzy has the coil lead in the middle of all the plug leads and the smallport is on the side of the cap.

Though the caps might just be different and still work. I dunno 4AGEs piss me off.

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

Come to think of it, that looks like a smallport water outlet on the end of the head too....interesting that it has a bigport intake plenum, would hate to think that someone has just slapped a bigport manifold (with or without the TVIS plate) on a smallport head (the bolt pattern is the same but the port shape is _completely_ different...) without at least matching the ports up (not that there is any reason to not use the smallport intake...)

Giggles... welcome to my world.. Like I said "frankensteinish"

The guy I bought it off (dealer) mentioned the previous owner had "turbo spec`d" it. Implying it was to be turbo charged, couldnt tell me anything though. I did notice the other day it had Green top 250cc injectors, not standard I think? It has daily driven without incident for over 3yrs.

All being beside the point as I have plans to add a Z to the AGE.

It was I assume slapped together after engine rebuild/transplant as he needed to trade for van just as hed finished.

I love it ;)

Smallport dizzy too by the looks. The bigport dizzy has the coil lead in the middle of all the plug leads and the smallport is on the side of the cap.

Though the caps might just be different and still work. I dunno 4AGEs piss me off.

The coil lead is in the middle of the plug leads...

EDIT; Oopsy again Ill correct myself after looking at my own pic I took of my own dizzy I have been tinkering with for 2 weeks... Now where did I put my medication un-quote.

Re EDIT; just noticed the coil lead plug on the pic above is different to my cap??? Should this pose a problem?

Edited by FLYGTI

So no love with the new Distributor.... :scarymovie: Wrong plug and wrong pick ups.....FAAAAARK! Ill post pics and see if anyone wants it or can think of anything. just going to use the old one for now as wasnt sure if it was at fault..