1975 Ke20 "rally Rolla"

SM Hunter

hmm I'm thinking to just add it after the factory regulator, that would be fine i hope? I just want drivable fuel pressure, can't rally drive it with 8 bars, you can hear/smell its running really rich and i don't have a heart to rev it with wrong fuel pressure...

hmm didnt belive a FPR had so much to do with the response?...

and another question, why does not the factory FRP keep the pressure down to what it should? the pressure i'm running is just too high for it to handle?

it's not so easy to build a car when you know nothing, but you know its possible in some way, you just don't know how or don't know anyone who can explain it to you, felling so stupid for asking all these questions but I'm 19, and have no mechanical education and English is not my mother tongue...

anyways, picked up my welded TA60 axle now, will start to disassemble it as soon as i can :)

Edited by SM Hunter

Members dont see this ad

The vacuum diaphram pretends to be an accelerator pump on the stock motor, so it has a lot to do with response. When you have high vac it sucks the regulator open and lowers fuel pressure. When you boot it and the vcacuum collapses it closes the diaphram exit and the high fuel pressure puts extra fuel through the injectors.

If you put in a much more powerful pump it will over-whelm the regulator.

You'll need to measure the fuel pressure really, the stock setup figures are around on web, something like 50psi. I'm not sure the usual VL pump setup is working like the AE86 original, no-one seems to measure it and everyone just uses it. See if you can find flow rate for the Bosch pump and compare it to yours.

luckily my insurance covers the damage on her property, the crown is almost as new, i thing the fact that is a chassi on top of a frame saved me... if it was a monocoque car like the corollas the damages would have been much greater...

anyways.. since i'm unsure if i want to register the 4age, the 1600 on the valve covers have to go..

dmhWRkZD.jpeg

brought out a set of fresh valve covers to work on.. going to swap the cams in my engine so i have to take them off soon anyways :)

shaved off the "1600"

MHhPcFlh.jpeg

a coat of filler

RmVQVGkv.jpeg

and look at this beauty.. a Toyota Liteace, 1.8 diesel

UjNVV20r.jpeg

1C engine, never heard of..

QVk3Y1lz.jpeg

Edited by SM Hunter

You'll have to put the Malpassi in instead of the stock FPR, not after it,

If you have high pressure now with the stock one it just can't flow enough fuel through to drop the pressure, or its not working correctly. So if you leave it in place you will still have that high fuel pressure pumping into the injectors. Definately fit a pressure gauge while you set it up.

Tried the brakes?? You might have to go to the gym to build up big leg muscles! You'll need nearly 30% more push to get the same braking.

havent tried the brakes yet, bleed the front and ill wait with the rear till the new rear axle is in :)

hmm the pressure seems fine judging by the exhaust, before it was all back and the idle was like a rotary..

took it for a test, seems fine

took in inside and jacked it up..

Um1pbWxU.jpeg

axle out

MTVkNFVM.jpeg

TA22 axle with welded diff going in

ekpLREU4.jpeg

swapping the gearbox for a ae86 one, instead of the old TA22 one i had, it was leaking and the 3rd gear was kind of hard to get into, had to go to 2nd then 3rd...

so i have to make a mount for the tailshaft support aswell, and possibly shorten it, its a AE86 tailshaft

Mi82SzlE.jpeg

AE86 Gearbox in

aFRWS2tv.jpeg

had to move the shifter hole backwards, much better possision now!

L1M2NHQr.jpeg

Ae86 tailshaft fits in perfect lenght i think! ill have to dubble check, now i need to possision the axle and weld it to the KE20 axle mounts

czdaWmJX.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

chainging the headgasket for a TRD 0.8 one, the old one was blown anyways

NzFXNVFE.jpeg

eTczdWtQ.jpeg

i think ill find a huge glassplate and some sand paper to remove the rest

bWVIWlFq.jpeg

cleaning up the wiring now that i know what i need and not

cU1TWHp4.jpeg

My cams and the headgasket

VXhpUWRq.jpeg

good to have multiple intake possibilities

c3pHZ0VT.jpeg

i think I'm going to either remove the stock FPR like you said altezzaclub and put the malpassi in instead, but i need to find a block off plate then..

and I'm unsure if I'm going to remove the tvis or not?

Your funny.

Have a look in your box of bits that came with the FPR. It's simply a small aluminium plate about an inch long with two bolt holes to locate into the fuel rail. On side is a prong with from memory an O ring, that inserts into the rail. On the other side is a barb you connect a hose to which goes to the remote mounted FPR.

Like this: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Turbosmart-FPR-Adapter-Toyota-Subaru-/111856717603?hash=item1a0b2e0f23:g:GZoAAOSwUdlWejLM

If buying this one, you need to make sure you get one designed for a bigport 4AGE rail obviously