1975 Ke20 "rally Rolla"

SM Hunter

Members dont see this ad

2,5 inch exhaust with 1 see through muffler, i want the 2tg back in... sooooo much cooler sounding

now i just need 100g yens... found a lot of shit on yahoo japan...

aka 1155 AUD

TRD 288 Cams

http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/p493871624

racing manifold

http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/m146620287

Rod bearings

http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/t415130486

piston rings ( need to take measures before i order anything.. probly after x-mas due to me being broke)

http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/n146489923

Oil cooler kit

http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c530807612

there are so many goodies on yahoo japan!

okay lets do the 2T-G, was sitting in class thinking of the 2T-G, and all of a sudden i was at home making a wooden bench when i really should have been in school..

for some reason one of the legs tiled itself..

NUdYaUhh.jpeg

anyways... started taking the 2tg apart

WHdZWlNN.jpeg

pistons out aswell

ZGpxdnpQ.jpeg

fuq, is this crank trash?

V2JHRGdW.jpeg

atleast thees are trash haha

ZWE3emI5.jpeg

the piston ring gap when forced 4cm into the cylinder was 1,1mm , this is 1 2T-C block i just put 2TG pistons into without meassuring.. needs other piston rings...

any idea if i could fit oversized since i have 1,1mm gap?

Edited by SM Hunter

Just shoot it off to an engineering shop. Have it cleaned then bore measured, crank measured, checked for straight etc.

Then you'll know what you need to find.. oversized pistons, undersized bearings. Get it bored and crank ground back. Have them balance it all when you've got some cash. If you have accurate scales at home (down to 1gm or less) or find some on Ebay you can get all the pistons the same weight, same for rods, then let them spin it for harmonic balancing.

well, I'm just a young bloke who is trying, faailing and then trying again ;)

made what we called US blinkers in norway, its orange markers in the front instead of white...

left is US, right is original

dHBhYnZO.jpeg

this is orignal, its as easy as removing the wall and balcking out the white

RFE5Q1pr.jpeg

c0d3N1dq.jpeg

both done!

THRhYW83.jpeg

the plan next is to make a alu skid plate that starts at the crossmember, protects the sump and then fold up on the on the front plate :)

the plan next is to make a alu skid plate that starts at the crossmember, protects the sump and then fold up on the on the front plate

Run it further back until it just covers the front edge of the bell-housing. That way it you ever need it, the rock you are sliding over won't pop up after the cross-member into that gap and smash the bottom off the bellhousing.

It will need to have a bend in it, as it slopes down from front radiator crossmember to main engine crossmember then goes horizontal to overlap the bellhousing. Bolt it on under the rad and to the engine crossmember, leave it free at the back.

Ahh, yeah that makes a lot of sense making it longer, kind of got scared when i crashed the last time, an inch lower and my oil pan would have been smashed and probly the pickup aswell, an inch higher the radiator would have gone, going to reinforce the front end a bit, and I'm accutaly considering a half cage and 4 point harness when the summer comes arround and i don't need a back seat anymore, i need to send in an applycation for installing that, i'v also gotta send in one for the engine.. lots of paperwork and i travel a bit to get the swap/parts evaluteded :( actually hoping to get a job in a local workshop next year, found out i don't need school to be a eductaed mecanic, 4 years of practical work, the 2 first years i have to have a few hours a week at school tho, work with low payment but its still payment :D

I'v got a problem here..

is this weldable?

dnlJQWdz.jpeg

okay so first off, I almost crashed into a moose today, coupple of feets away, locked my brakes for like 20 meters... scary! :o one of the reasons i hate driving at night! accutaly at the same place as my 2T-G overheated.. the place hates me!

Z2tLUkpt.jpeg

then i saw a 4age+T50 kit for sale and advertised my Cafe Racer to afford it, a guy is coming to look at my CR tomorow hoping it goes away!

comes with everyting you need to run a 4age buetop/bigport + exhaust and it has log type manifold, engine has new main bearing, rod bearings, piston rings, every gasket and seal, water pump.. T50 box makes some noise, but hey its a T50! its only missing the electrical fuel pump and tailshaft, will my TA60 tailshaft fit the gearbox? or will my T series gearbox fit?

hes asking 2000 AUD, I'm asking 2200 for my CR, perfect! i know its expencive but hey the 4AGE is REALLLY rare here, we only got 4 AE86's back in the days and all where used in rally, we got the FWD ae82 with 4age...

i was looking in his engine bay at the last jap meet i was at, didn't know he was selling back then.. :(

here is the ad: http://www.finn.no/f...hQuery=4age t50

l_1597488607.jpg

Edited by SM Hunter

• 2 weeks later...

Bike is gone, 4age it is! not this weekend but the next I'm going to pick it up!

anyways, iv found acompany here in norway that makes cages for cars, they have ke70 cages for cheap, will a KE70 main hoop fit a KE20? could anyone meassure out the hight of the roof and width in a ke70? the hight is adjustable with a angel grinder tho, the width is whats important.. :)

Edited by SM Hunter

Yes, you can weld the ears back on the Webers. A mate of Steve's over-tightened one over the soft mount on the Celica rally car & snapped it off, and Steve had it re-welded. Delicate job tho'.

Here's the KE70 dimensions we used-

post-7544-0-76670700-1447276677_thumb.jpg

Then we made a mockup in random water pipe, and gave that to the local exhaust shop to bend the cage tube.

post-7544-0-30576200-1447276760_thumb.jpg

We made the attachments and welded them up. The whole cage is removeable. This is the front half.

post-7544-0-78619400-1447276884_thumb.jpg

You can see the feet on it, they bolted onto box sections welded to the floor & sill. We had welded captive nuts inside the boxes as we built them.

The pipes slide into the next-diameter-up stubs with two bolts holding them together.

All past by CAMS.

More in here-

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/69126-how-to-build-a-rally-car/page__st__30

Okay, been looking into converting the whole car into 4x114 becuase , i have a spare TA22 diff laying arround ( if I'm right there are 2 versions of theese diffs, one that can fit lsd into?)

and i got a spare set of TA22 struts, but i will be needing bigger brakes when putting the 4age into the car because of rules and stuff.. what disc will fit onto the ta22 struts? i need ventilated discs.. i can make the calipter adapter plate, the problem is finding a disc that will fit.. i can get the hubs machined if nessecary :)