Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Classic Japan 2013 - Sunday 1St December - Como Park, South Yarra

Featured Replies

  • Author

61 days to go, I'm not liking my chances of having the new engine in on time. Usual story, lack of funds. *meh* Blue Thing qualifies this year, so will be there regardless! :yes:

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Views 195.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've just started on rebuilding my car.

 

- full hail damage repair

- engine replacment with a low km engine - maybe. if ive got the time

- clutch replacment - if i have the time

- wheel refurb

- starter motor reco.

- make front coilovers

- change lca/knuckles

- respray

- club reg

 

Started stripping the car lastnight

 

88d11e843af211e38b4822000ab48226_8.jpg

Edited by xris

  • Author

That's quite an impressive list, good luck!

 

38 Days to go, just sayin'...

 

 

 

...that I have no chance of Blue Thing having a new heart in time. *sigh*

 

However, I do hope that all of you have made much better progress than I have. If not, better step on it because. THIS. WILL. BE. AWESOME.

Are racecars allowed or only registered ? wouldnt mind puttin feral on the trailer behind the corona ,anyways well be there..

  • Author

We will not be allowing car-trailers inside the venue, so unloading/loading will have to take place outside, on public road. Which is not legal when the vehicle is unregistered & temporary permits do not cover you for this kind of activity.

 

Sorry to be the wet blanket on your plans, but it is public road & public land. Thus fines (around $700 the last I checked) & demerits for driving an unregistered vehicle apply, not to mention the hassles it would cause us (TCCAV) & pretty much everyone else there.

Edited by carbonboy

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Now that we're getting towards the tail-end of the wait for Classic Japan, I guess you're all starting to have an idea of what you'll be attending in or on in the case of motorcycles.

 

I can but offer an AE80 with an obscure engine/gearbox combination, what are you bringing along this year? :)

All going to plan one road going MS47 Crown wagon :)

 

Shame I can't bring two cars! The Celica is going to have to stay at home.

Have a rolla with no bonnet and a 1600 with no rear end. Oops!

So both dad and myself will be there.

Hey guys, I don't know whether this question has been answered. I am wanting to bring my car, but it has to be trailered. Is it going to be possible to bring the car in the pic attached on a trailer, and leave the tow car and trailer somewhere safe?

 

967102_570484756352735_393113545_o.jpg

Sorry I have just read the forum posts above, (I only read page 1). It looks like I won't be there.

Carolyn can you please call me on 0413 001 666

 

I would like to chat about how we can get your car in!!!

 

Cheers

 

Adam

We will not be allowing car-trailers inside the venue, so unloading/loading will have to take place outside, on public road. Which is not legal when the vehicle is unregistered & temporary permits do not cover you for this kind of activity.

 

Sorry to be the wet blanket on your plans, but it is public road & public land. Thus fines (around $700 the last I checked) & demerits for driving an unregistered vehicle apply, not to mention the hassles it would cause us (TCCAV) & pretty much everyone else there.

 

This is a real pity. It would be great to see more classic racecars at the event.

All sorted, see you there everyone.

  • Author

This is a real pity. It would be great to see more classic racecars at the event.

 

As per the above post Doogs, you might just yet. ;)

Is anyone from hoppers crossing area going to classic jap?

 

I may finally make it in my car. Just gotta charge the battery and get a wheel alignment.

6 yrs it's taken . It's not completely finished but I will be happy just to make it

 

 

See you all there :-)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.