Classic Japan 2013 - Sunday 1St December - Como Park, South Yarra

carbonboy

• 3 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've just started on rebuilding my car.

- full hail damage repair

- engine replacment with a low km engine - maybe. if ive got the time

- clutch replacment - if i have the time

- wheel refurb

- starter motor reco.

- make front coilovers

- change lca/knuckles

- respray

- club reg

Started stripping the car lastnight

88d11e843af211e38b4822000ab48226_8.jpg

Edited by xris

That's quite an impressive list, good luck!

38 Days to go, just sayin'...

...that I have no chance of Blue Thing having a new heart in time. *sigh*

However, I do hope that all of you have made much better progress than I have. If not, better step on it because. THIS. WILL. BE. AWESOME.

We will not be allowing car-trailers inside the venue, so unloading/loading will have to take place outside, on public road. Which is not legal when the vehicle is unregistered & temporary permits do not cover you for this kind of activity.

Sorry to be the wet blanket on your plans, but it is public road & public land. Thus fines (around $700 the last I checked) & demerits for driving an unregistered vehicle apply, not to mention the hassles it would cause us (TCCAV) & pretty much everyone else there.

Edited by carbonboy

• 2 weeks later...

Now that we're getting towards the tail-end of the wait for Classic Japan, I guess you're all starting to have an idea of what you'll be attending in or on in the case of motorcycles.

I can but offer an AE80 with an obscure engine/gearbox combination, what are you bringing along this year? :)

Hey guys, I don't know whether this question has been answered. I am wanting to bring my car, but it has to be trailered. Is it going to be possible to bring the car in the pic attached on a trailer, and leave the tow car and trailer somewhere safe?

967102_570484756352735_393113545_o.jpg

We will not be allowing car-trailers inside the venue, so unloading/loading will have to take place outside, on public road. Which is not legal when the vehicle is unregistered & temporary permits do not cover you for this kind of activity.

Sorry to be the wet blanket on your plans, but it is public road & public land. Thus fines (around $700 the last I checked) & demerits for driving an unregistered vehicle apply, not to mention the hassles it would cause us (TCCAV) & pretty much everyone else there.

This is a real pity. It would be great to see more classic racecars at the event.

Is anyone from hoppers crossing area going to classic jap?

I may finally make it in my car. Just gotta charge the battery and get a wheel alignment.

6 yrs it's taken . It's not completely finished but I will be happy just to make it

See you all there :-)