Classic Japan 2013 - Sunday 1St December - Como Park, South Yarra

carbonboy

Down to 9 more sleeps before the big day! I'll be honest, I'm nervous.

If you can't wait for the day itself to score yourself a Classic Japan t-shirt or lanyard, or are unable to make it on the day but would still like one, we can help you with that! T-shirts & lanyards are For Sale via Ebay, with all funds raised being donated to The Fred Hollows Foundation (http://www.hollows.org.au/) . You can find them here: http://www.ebay.com....tm/321251509468

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who plan on attending Classic Japan this Sunday at Como Park, please take note! If you were planning to take either of the Citylink Tunnels as part of your route, you may wish to rethink that. Both tunnels will be closed for Maintenance/Re-Surfacing works from 9pm on Saturday the 30th of November until 9am on Sunday the 1st of December. They might finish early, I wouldn't plan on it so best to find another way, see you there!

For more information, please check the Citylink website here: http://www.citylink.com.au/News.asp

Sooo i don't actually own a classic japanese car, but i managed to convince my great aunt to let me take her twenny for the day! yay!

Went around today to give it a little service and a wash. It's running suprisingly well considering its about two years since i last started it up for her.

Keen for sunday!!

rolla_zps0e949f66.jpg

Excellent show and excellent day. Well organized and many thanks to the organizers . Hope we raised a nice amount to help a worthy cause.

Thanks to all who turned up , it made my first car show in my ke25 a memorable one.

Nice to meet a few of the rollaclub members also :-)

Agreed. One gripe was the mighty boy with the plumbing setup attached to his stereo......

Or perhaps I'm just getting old.

Bumped into a family we know, wholly unconnected to Jap car scene. They were passing by, saw the signs and stopped for a look.

Now he is mad keen to find himself a Datsun Roadster/Fairlady!

My car of the show was the Toyota 800 along with all the Honda S600's. I reckon it would have been a very hot drive home in the Toyota 800 though. And great to see the Group A Skyline and AE86 there.

Disappointed the Corona RT55 GT5 didn't come. Could look at that all day. And as Dave was saying, hard to believe there isn't at least one Hakosuka in Melbourne?

Yeah the bass wasn't to my liking either, but at least they only ran it briefly from what I could tell :)

And yes we are both getting old!

Car of the show was the KE26 in full race war paint. Pics to come :)

For those who want to see photos now head over to the event facebook page, that is where most of the images are going up presently until a few of us get around to editting theirs.

www.facebook.com/classicjapanshow

thanks to everyone who came along, it was another spectacular event!