Building Ultimate 5K

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

dropped the block off today, the pistons and rods looked pretty close to have already been balanced, came within 2grams of each other and they were covered in carbon. bores were pretty smooth and shiny so fingers crossed i can get away with a hone and new bearings and lightened flywheel.

the head was have been flowed at 139hp but know nothing more on those details. engine builder and tighe cams have suggested goin to solids so now I'm on the hunt and slightly confused with all the info on the net. Can the 5k accept 202 valve springs and would that be my best bet?!?!?

I have a 5k bottom end. 5k twin squish/ really small chamber head, with the 2 lugs on it.

I have a old 4k rocker gear setup, maybe some 4k rods.

I read felix i think saying bottomed out 5k lifters, 3k rods and 4k rockers??!?!?!? any info would be great so i can get the cam away for a grind and get it back together.

Cheers lads look forward to some info

4k solid lifters are way too small in diameter.

Can you run a vernier caliper or a steel rule from deck face to rocker face on your 5k head? I can then hopefully see if the chev/holden lifters and datsun A12 pusgrods will work.

from memory 5K heads are pretty short so it may screw with rocker geometry.

cheers for responses. the height of the bottom of the head to the rocker post base is 75.7mm

haha that was quick!!

Ok I'm fairly certain I have a savagely decked 3k bigport at home that will be pretty close. I'll chuck it on my 5k I have on a stand and take some measurements for you. Ill be home in a couple of hours.

Edited by kickn5k