My Budget Ae71 Ke70

stu84ke70

I did pretty extensive research and couldnt find a stock spring to use with stock struts and stock E7 top hats. Not saying there isnt something that will work but I didnt come across anything for months when I was planning on using them.

I have read a few post saying to use cut falcon springs but not sure what model of falcon.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So after lots of stuffing around with the xt130 struts I have just decided to put the stock struts back in with cut springs, as I could not find a way for them to work, the stock shocks are stuffed and I think it's time for a weld on coilover kit from otomoto or maybe t3 but don't like the look of them, they look cheap so leaning towards HSD can't complain for $299 I guess.I better start saving, I've had enough problems with these shocks so I'm over it gonna do it right, but the way it's looking I'm gonna be lucky to get the AE71 on the road anytime soon and I only have 5 months to do it in, but until this suspension issue is sorted it won't be passing a blue slip.

Edited by stu84ke70

You wont pass a blue slip with coilovers anyway. Throw your uncut shocks back in and build the coilovers. Definitely use the HSD kits from Otomoto, I used them along with shortening my struts 40mm. Perfect.

339926_10151064221777879_341645484_o (1).jpg

177974_10150888588707879_2041424047_o.jpg

135833_10151132445932879_553686405_o.jpg

133989_10151074082422879_710468716_o.jpg

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

You wont pass a blue slip with coilovers anyway. Throw your uncut shocks back in and build the coilovers. Definitely use the HSD kits from Otomoto, I used them along with shortening my struts 40mm. Perfect.

Wow they look nice mate, how much did the inserts cost you, I was thinking about KYB sw20r but if the monroes are cheaper I might go with them.My friend had coilovers in his supra and it passed blue slip, why would they not pass it? it's safer than the old claped out stock suspension.

Just using Monroe GT short strokes (got dirt cheap mates rates), really need to upgrade to some adjustables. Yeah I have T3 camber tops, because of my wheels and the slight extra track the XT gear gives you I need to tuck in my wheels so they fit under the guard. My car is only a weekender so camber wear isnt an issue.

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

• 4 weeks later...

Today I've been busy making my ke70 radiator fit into the ae71, the ae 71 cut out is slightly bigger so I made some brackets to make it fit.I also modified the battery clamp to fit a big 720cca battery.Next I took the plate off the back of the diff to inspect it and change the oil, the diff looks to be in good nick with no pitting or chiped teeth (helps that it was an auto) so put some sealant on it and put it back on, i will put some new oil in it tomorrow when the sealant has gone off.I also put some nulon G70 in the gearbox as it was a bit notchy, and it seems to have fixed it and the gearbox is alot smother and quiet, i will be putting a tube in the diff seeing as it worked so well in the gearbox.

post-17649-0-40678300-1392116030_thumb.jpg

post-17649-0-00790000-1392116093_thumb.jpg

post-17649-0-97516100-1392116123_thumb.jpg

BTW i know my radiator is ʞ©$ɟed but it doesn't leak and I will be putting a bigger one in when i have the money.

Edited by stu84ke70

• 2 weeks later...

It's a car thing to have that many parts.

I reckon most e7 owners have a parts pile or 5. I've got mainly a lot of junk I can't shift, like a seized 4k.

I definitely don't have that many wheels though...

Haha good to know I'm not the only one, I have stuff I can't sell too and yeah that's not all my wheels have some more under my house :thumbsup: