Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Just Bought A 5K.. Now What The Hell Has Been Done To It?

Featured Replies

  • Author

Well after a bit of cleaning it turns out that the block has been bored 40thou over and fitted with appropriate pistons, it looks like it has been done recently too as there are still nice uniform cross hatch hone marks in the bores.

Also luk3333 has kindly offered to sell me a 5K head with original rockers, pushrods and even a lumpy cam!

So this might just work out OK.

I have a set of factory Asian twin carbs that I have had rebuilt so with fit these with the a full 2inch exhaust and it should go alright!

Can anyone recommend a good Carb guy in Victoria? from what I know these are jetted for a 3k so they will need some adjusting. Has anyone had a good experience with a local Carb expert?

Are they original Sprinter twin carbs - with the same diameter primary and secondary valve? Or two x single carbs with the bigger secondaries?

 

Nonetheless there's plenty of overhead with twin Aisans - just whack em on if they've been recently kitted. And take pics!

 

  • Author

They are factory twins, same size pri/sec. Had them rebuilt by a ACE Workshop + Dyno they did a great job. I even scored an original air box from a mate back in NZ. Once its all done it should be a little sleeper.

A couple of minor rust spots and its done.

Its back on the standard wheels now too.

post-13043-0-60527000-1380270864.jpg

Edited by megamannz123

Nice sedan. I have a similar one that I've been tinkering with and I was considering using the same carb setup.

Edited by Mechanical Sympathy

Ran similar on both my 5k's, but ran 2x singles and not the proper 3k- b carbs. Ran great. With the cam I had in the second 5k, it would pull over 7500rpm :)

What do you want to do with it? Had a Wade 169 grind in the last one, which was great for the motorkhanas I was doing at the time. Would of posted the cam specs on here years ago.

  • Author

It will be my Sunday driver, red line around 7500rpm, no round town driving so happy to have mid to high end power. 5speed man.

By the way, the cam was hydrolic.

169 grind is a great tractable cam for all sorts of motorsport plus fine for a daily driver. I ran this grind in a TA22 with a 2T with a stock bottom end. Just head work and exhaust. That did sprints, autocrosses and motorkhanas every weekend, and took me to work each day.

 

Was good with a downdraft weber, and sensational with twin 40 DCOE webers. Sounded like a high revving motorbike at a distance.

 

121 used to be the next option up, and that was a more serious grind, the Wade guys warned me away from this at the time, and I couldn't have been happier with the choice.

Agree. Was perfect for my use. Good top end but still torquey enough down low to get out of corners quick.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.