Just Bought A 5K.. Now What The Hell Has Been Done To It?

megamannz123

Members dont see this ad

Well after a bit of cleaning it turns out that the block has been bored 40thou over and fitted with appropriate pistons, it looks like it has been done recently too as there are still nice uniform cross hatch hone marks in the bores.

Also luk3333 has kindly offered to sell me a 5K head with original rockers, pushrods and even a lumpy cam!

So this might just work out OK.

I have a set of factory Asian twin carbs that I have had rebuilt so with fit these with the a full 2inch exhaust and it should go alright!

Can anyone recommend a good Carb guy in Victoria? from what I know these are jetted for a 3k so they will need some adjusting. Has anyone had a good experience with a local Carb expert?

They are factory twins, same size pri/sec. Had them rebuilt by a ACE Workshop + Dyno they did a great job. I even scored an original air box from a mate back in NZ. Once its all done it should be a little sleeper.

A couple of minor rust spots and its done.

Its back on the standard wheels now too.

post-13043-0-60527000-1380270864.jpg

Edited by megamannz123

169 grind is a great tractable cam for all sorts of motorsport plus fine for a daily driver. I ran this grind in a TA22 with a 2T with a stock bottom end. Just head work and exhaust. That did sprints, autocrosses and motorkhanas every weekend, and took me to work each day.

Was good with a downdraft weber, and sensational with twin 40 DCOE webers. Sounded like a high revving motorbike at a distance.

121 used to be the next option up, and that was a more serious grind, the Wade guys warned me away from this at the time, and I couldn't have been happier with the choice.