Ae86 Disc T Series Into Ae71/ke70

anastasios

Hi all,

What handbrake cables are used when using a T series disc rear end into ae71?

I currently have the AE86 disc cables but they do not fit.

I have read that you can use the camry splitter piece near the handbrake?

What have you guys done in the past? Note ae71/ke70 are different to AE86

Members dont see this ad

"I currently have the AE86 disc cables but they do not fit"

How don't they fit?

The one time we did a diff conversion we went to a place that made trailers/camper vans, and they were able to give us what we needed to join the cable that came out of the diff with what was existing in the car. (this was a torago diff into an 86)

The Camry front cable is shorter than the AE86 front cable, from memory it was from an SV11 (edit: but could have been SV21). It can be used to get your handbrake back into adjustment when using a Disc brake rear in an AE86 with factory rear cables. The splitter makes no difference.

Of note, The factory front cable is identical in both a T series equipped AE86 and an S series equipped car. The difference is in the cable location on the handbrake lever.

As KE70Dave says, what do you mean by they don't fit?

Edited by parrot

When I first discovered the SV11 cable solution, I went to the wreckers and pulled front cables from various Toyota's. Most were longer.

The SV11 was the only shorter one.

Note your AE86DC thread quotes SV21 cable part numbers.

There is an SV11 at Centre Rd wreckers in melbourne at the moment if you know anyone who can grab it for you.

I can have a hunt around as when I fitted the GT handbrake lever to my AE86, I had to remove the SV11 cable.

I've just picked up an additional AE86 GT spec handbrake lever that came with a console box I was after.

I expect that would bolt up the same as an AE71, and with the different cable location may pull it in a bit closer.

I won't see it for a couple of weeks, but will be happy to sell that on if anyone is keen