Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4agze Ke70 Help?

Featured Replies

the earlier cars axle tramp mainly due to leaf spring windup.

Thats why I thought a 5-link wouldnt tramp like that.... I guess they do...I saw a Porche GT3 at the drags try and do a burnout...it just tramped up to the line lmao...

  • Replies 42
  • Views 38.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess its all to do with how and what you want the car setup for. The GT3 could whoop V8s all over the circuit yet only runs mid 12 second quarters when the same cars it whooped on the track are runnings 11s and faster...

Alrighty then! Having far to much time on my hands, I went around to Teddy's place with a tape measure.

 

On his KE70, The Panhard rod is 40mm away from being horizontal on a flat level surface. The Panhard rod is 800mm from centre to centre on the mounting bolts. Using good 'ol Pythagora's theory, 40 mm away from horizontal will mean a working length of 798.9mm for the Panhard rod. Lowering the car 50mm will displace the axle housing approximately 1mm.

 

If you were to lower Teddy's car 150mm, it would be 40mm til the bar is horizontal, 40mm again until the bar is in the mirror position (inverted) leaving another 70 to go. If you did lower it another 70 the diff would displace approximately another 2.1mm in the other direction.

 

I could also be very wrong! :P

 

As I can see it, the most a KE70 diff will displace if you lower the car is 1.1mm to the left, or 2.1mm to the right.

 

Boredom is a terrible thing.

 

R

Alrighty then! Having far to much time on my hands, I went around to Teddy's place with a tape measure.

 

On his KE70, The Panhard rod is 40mm away from being horizontal on a flat level surface. The Panhard rod is 800mm from centre to centre on the mounting bolts. Using good 'ol Pythagora's theory, 40 mm away from horizontal will mean a working length of 798.9mm for the Panhard rod. Lowering the car 50mm will displace the axle housing approximately 1mm.

 

If you were to lower Teddy's car 150mm, it would be 40mm til the bar is horizontal, 40mm again until the bar is in the mirror position (inverted) leaving another 70 to go. If you did lower it another 70 the diff would displace approximately another 2.1mm in the other direction.

 

I could also be very wrong! :P

 

As I can see it, the most a KE70 diff will displace if you lower the car is 1.1mm to the left, or 2.1mm to the right.

 

Boredom is a terrible thing.

 

R

lol - its always good to have you round, some times i think its more educational than school !!

 

Adleast you put your boredom into good use lol !

 

Cya around !

 

Ted

  • Author

Geezz, I never knew putting an adjustable panhard rod would cause so much up roar???? :P

My mate has his KE70 drop bout 2 in and his diff is way to the left, so much so he can not put his rims on the back. So thats the reason I bought one.

I could always be wrong......! :P

 

Two Inches is 50mm. It shouldn't have shufled it too far, unless there was something else nasty going on. I had Teddy standiing on the towbar while taking measurements and there was no noticable difference. Chrizer, I wasn't picking on you, I just thought I might stimulate a bit of conversation, and get my brain working whilst waiting for a baby to turn up! :)

 

Cheers

 

Rob

  • Author

No worries. There probably is something wrong with my mates KE, its pretty rusted out and he doesnt take that good car of it, but it really has shifted across a long way. SO much so he can not put his rims back on.

For me, an adjustable panhard is more a bling thing than a performance mod. The poly bushes do make the rear end feel a bit more solid but that the only performance enhancement it has over stock. The reason I got it (besides only being 100 bucks) was to allow the fine adjustments to fit wide wheels with low offsets.

 

A problem I had in the blue car with its stock panhard was that the combination of wide wheels and excessivly low ride height, the right rear tire would scrub on the guard on even minor bumps. This was fixed by bashing the inner lip flat and running thinner tires. But it would have been better to just shift the diff across about 2mm and it would have been fine.

Ive also seen rear links that are rose joints....its more for traction but I can imagine youd probably need an ajustable panhard there to get it just right...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.