April 12, 200422 yr comment_7660 Hi, I'm new hear and need some help with my conversion. I've got a hydraulic clutch from an AE71, but need some help with the KE70's pedal box. What do i do with it. Modify it, or can i swap the AE71 pedal box over??? :sad: Also, with the fuel setup. What have people done. I've got a surge tank, Vl turbo high pressure pump and a pre pump. Where is the best place to mount this gear? Boot? Under car? Engine bay? Also how have people set it up. Thanks Report
April 12, 200422 yr comment_7669 Probably easiest to swap the AE71 box over. Should bolt in, if not shouldn't take much to bolt it in. Fuel setup, best to get an in-tank, but they aren't common. With a KE70 (sedan) you can put the surge tank in the boot, or under the car, or in the engine bay, but talk to your engineer before mounting it. Some engineers have preference for where it should be. Report
April 12, 200422 yr Author comment_7673 Thanks guys. I'll keep you posted on the conversion. :D Report
April 12, 200422 yr comment_7676 Umm... You need to get an in-tank pump to suit your tank. For one thing, it needs to sit at the bottom of your tank, and it needs to be secured somehow. If you're lucky you might be able to adapt something from a different car, but that's up to you to experiment. Report
April 12, 200422 yr comment_7690 Umm... Not sure about this but doesn't the VL have an external fuel pump? I know my pump is out of a VL and it's an external pump... Report
May 7, 200422 yr comment_9002 VL's have both a low volume internal pump and a high pressure external pump Report
May 10, 200422 yr comment_9137 also you hear a lot of different stories about whether or not VL turbo and non turbo pumps flow the same. the part numbers from bosch for both the turbo and non turbo vl fuel pumps are the same, but these are part numbers for replacement pumps. The part numbers on the original factory pumps are different. So yes a brand new VL non turbo pump will flow just as much as a brand new turbo one (some places even charge more if you ask for a turbo one even though it's exactly the same part) but if you get the part second hand from a wreckers the turbo and non turbo pumps are different Report
May 10, 200422 yr comment_9149 so the factory turbo ones flow more than the factory na ones but new ones are the same??? Report
May 10, 200422 yr comment_9156 Interesting, yet another way for enthusiasts to get ripped off so easily.. will have to remember that one. Report
June 29, 200422 yr comment_12695 check out the ' camira ' efi pump same thing I believe but cheaper Report
July 18, 200422 yr Author comment_13876 As I said I would keep you guys updated. don't know where else to put it but here it is finished. Yay, heeps stoked aswell. :) Still needs a good tune though. Car: 1984 KE70E Corolla CS Engine: AE101 4AGZE Engines Accesories: 4-1 TRD style extractors into 2.5in exhaust Pod Filter (soon to be K&N) Microtech MTX-8 1G-GTE FMIC VL fuel pump Surge tank Drivetrain: Spritner T50 Heavy Duty CLutch AE71 Tailshaft Stock Diff Brakes: Starion Master Cylinder [Front] Hilux 4 pot caliers, Brembo 605 discs, XT130 struts [Rear] Stock Drums Suspension: Whiteline Adjustable panhard rod Wheels: 15x6 Performance Superlites 195x50x15in Kumo's Bodywork: Debaged and Destriped. Interior: Autometer Gauges: Carbon Fibre: Boost, Volts, A/F Ratio Autogage 3in Tacho Microtech Hand COntroller Also some pics. http://www.pbase.com/image/31372609 http://www.pbase.com/image/31372620 http://www.pbase.com/image/31372649 http://www.pbase.com/image/31372659 http://www.pbase.com/image/31372699 http://www.pbase.com/image/31372890 Enjoy :dance: Report
July 18, 200422 yr comment_13878 That's pretty cool. You found a Starion master cylinder??? Wow! I was looking for one of them ages ago and then gave up, ended up getting a Pajero unit instead. Nice rims, but don't really think they suit the car... Apart from that, looking good :) Report
July 20, 200422 yr Author comment_13975 Thanks guys. I think once I lower it a bit the wheels should compliment the car more. Its still at stock height. Report
September 9, 200422 yr Author comment_18943 Finally got it dyno tuned, and here is the result. http://www.pbase.com/chrizer/image/31726898 102.3kw at the wheels. Very happy with it. As you can see on the graph it held boost all the way to redline. It pulls very hard and I am so happy with it. Finally all the hard work and effort has payed off. :P Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now