Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I Have A Twin Carb, But What Is It?

Featured Replies

so i bought a twin carb for my 4k engine. I have cleaned and fixed it up and am now looking at buying filters for it, at this point i realized that i don't know what kind of twin carb it is.

 

the writing on it is as follows.

both have Aisan and the TEQ logo on them both have 3 B 19 (the other 3 B 20)

both carbs have a tag on them one being 24073 (the other 24063)

 

help?

 

post-14272-0-43399000-1382420217_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1dirty30

Factory twin manifold. Good luck finding an air cleaner but some one on here may have a spare stashed away. I welded standard corolla air cleaner bottoms into a cheap pair of aftermarket chrome air cleaners on mine. There are some pics under mytoy ke20 in the rides forum.

  • Author

Thanks heaps!

I can get some ramflo lynx filters from trademe that say that they will suit 63mm neck 3kb or 4k twin carb. (I presume my carb is a 3kb?)

They look fantastic! It took me 5 years to find a twin filter housing for mine... ended up getting the filter housing with another complete set of twins.

 

How did you clean the housings, disassemble and blast?

  • Author

Yeah, with help from a friend. it was pretty much black when i got it. hopefully in 2 weeks or so (if i get the filters) i should be able to fit it to my car.

 

Question remains: 4k twin or 3kb?

Edited by 1dirty30

I have a couple k engine books at home, doubt they list this info but I'll have a look.

looking good.

 

as far as i've ever known twin carbs only came on 3k-b (unless they did a 4k-b)

 

i have two air filters housings but only one looks genuine, the other one fits just as well.

I assumed it might have been from an early twin carb ford laser or something.

maybe there is an alternative?? anyone?

That's a nice set. Check if the primaries are the same diameter as the secondaries. If so, you have the original 3K-B twins.

 

Otherwise (if the secondary is larger than the primary) it's two single carbs on a twin carb manifold.

 

I've had a set for 10 years. I'll fit them to a car one day soon (should probably kit them again!) but I need to get a couple of new butterflies fitted. Mine were siezed when I got them and I cracked the butterfly screws out - even though I knew better at the time. Bah. Really should've tried a vineagar bath before I did that...

  • Author

So I finally got a fine day and have just had a look at the carb that is in the KE30. it is identical. so i have two 4k carbs. now for the filters.

Not necessarily. The 3K-B carbs look identical to the standard single carb from the outside - they just have matched diameter butterfly valves inside.

 

Pop your carbs off the twin manifold and take a pic. I'm curious!

 

Though it makes no difference to your air filter requirements.

 

post-18751-0-68826300-1382753210_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Here we go. so the carby upside down and the carby in my car

post-14272-0-91733100-1382761045_thumb.jpg

post-14272-0-43288100-1382761060_thumb.jpg

post-14272-0-88318700-1382761074_thumb.jpg

They do indeed appear to be a matched 3k-b set of twins. Not just two 4k carbs.

 

Thanks for the shots of your linkages! Maybe you can see, I'm missing a few bits.

  • Author

Thanks heaps.

I was missing a few parts of the of the linkage. I just rebuilt it out of hobby shop parts. re-drilled some holes.

 

do you want some better shots of my linkage so you can rebuild yours? i can give you mesurements and everything as i have at least one origional of each lnkage part.

 

one more thing. with the ramflo filters. how do they attach to the top of the carby. do they just sit there or is there a connecting part between?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.