I Have A Twin Carb, But What Is It?

1dirty30

so i bought a twin carb for my 4k engine. I have cleaned and fixed it up and am now looking at buying filters for it, at this point i realized that i don't know what kind of twin carb it is.

the writing on it is as follows.

both have Aisan and the TEQ logo on them both have 3 B 19 (the other 3 B 20)

both carbs have a tag on them one being 24073 (the other 24063)

help?

post-14272-0-43399000-1382420217_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1dirty30

Members dont see this ad

Factory twin manifold. Good luck finding an air cleaner but some one on here may have a spare stashed away. I welded standard corolla air cleaner bottoms into a cheap pair of aftermarket chrome air cleaners on mine. There are some pics under mytoy ke20 in the rides forum.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, with help from a friend. it was pretty much black when i got it. hopefully in 2 weeks or so (if i get the filters) i should be able to fit it to my car.

Question remains: 4k twin or 3kb?

Edited by 1dirty30

looking good.

as far as i've ever known twin carbs only came on 3k-b (unless they did a 4k-b)

i have two air filters housings but only one looks genuine, the other one fits just as well.

I assumed it might have been from an early twin carb ford laser or something.

maybe there is an alternative?? anyone?

• Upvote 1

That's a nice set. Check if the primaries are the same diameter as the secondaries. If so, you have the original 3K-B twins.

Otherwise (if the secondary is larger than the primary) it's two single carbs on a twin carb manifold.

I've had a set for 10 years. I'll fit them to a car one day soon (should probably kit them again!) but I need to get a couple of new butterflies fitted. Mine were siezed when I got them and I cracked the butterfly screws out - even though I knew better at the time. Bah. Really should've tried a vineagar bath before I did that...

• Upvote 1

Thanks heaps.

I was missing a few parts of the of the linkage. I just rebuilt it out of hobby shop parts. re-drilled some holes.

do you want some better shots of my linkage so you can rebuild yours? i can give you mesurements and everything as i have at least one origional of each lnkage part.

one more thing. with the ramflo filters. how do they attach to the top of the carby. do they just sit there or is there a connecting part between?