Celica Ta22 Wiring Question

oldie

Hi there,need a bit of wiring info for a TA22 Celica. I'm rebuilding the car that my son tore to pieces and trying to sort out all the things that I didnt remove so therefore don't know where they went. Engine has been swapped to a 2T with twin carbs,extractors and a very hot head and cam to go in later. Issue at the moment is just trying to sort out some loose wires on the drivers side of the engine bay,a black and yellow,think this is oil pressure switch,a single thick black with one of those terminals on the end that part is cut of so you can sort of just slide it under a bolt head,I'm thinking its an earth of some type but would like confirmation and finally two yellow wires,they are together in the loom but have seperate terminals,where too???

Next,originally a single carb,now twins,what color was the wire to the idle solenoids,each of the twins has one but I can't seem to find a power supply for them in the original loom.

This will get me started so any help appreciated,thanks....

Members dont see this ad

Y/B is oil pressure switch.

Black is tricky, they are used for odd things, but the earths are usually W/B. Apart from dizzy feed/coil, I can't think of a bolt-terminal that wouldn't be an earth.

Yellows are the gauge feeds and do reverse light power.

As fitted to RA40 Celicas! I doubt they changed much from TA22 to the 40 series..

Hi there Pete ! Just been looking through my workshop manual and i must agree with Altezza / yellow with black trace = OIL / yellow with green trace = TEMP / straight black = -side off coil / all earth wires are white with black trace / fuel cut out solenoid black with yellow trace i hope this is of some help to you .

Cheers:- Stuart ( Thomas dad ) :wave:

From myself and Thomas have a Happy New Year :yes:

Thanks for the futher info,unfortunately my son bought this as a bitser to put together and finish,was engineless so bought a 2T,backyard,no warranty so don't know what will happen yet.Currently,the wiring advice doesnt really gell with what I have,the car is apparently a south african import originally but all I can do is fiddle and see what happens,wish there was someone with a TA22 in melbourne that I could check out,would just clarify things a little more for me,once I get it started I will be a happy chappy,bodywork doesnt phase me but sorting out other peoples screw ups and lack of care to attention does,anyway,I'm sure I'll be asking for more help and as I said,anyone in melbourne have a TA22 Id love to have a quick look.Thanks and happy new year to all.