Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Little Red Rolla - Ke10 Build

Featured Replies

Hello everyone!

 

So I'm still new here so trying to get used to this forum system. First I wan't to say that sometimes my English can be hard to understand, but hope you'll get hang of it ;)

 

To the car itself.

I got two Corollas (Ke10 and Ke11) about half a year ago from my girlfriends dad as he needed more space in to his shed and didn't have time for building these. The ke11 was just rust, but it did have a good 3K and 4-Speed, So i took the engine and gearbox out and rest of the car got crushed. The ke10 was in decent condition: not too much rust, it has all the parts and extra from the ke11. The stock K- engine of it was just bad so i'll be putting the 3K in to this.

 

Getting the rolla from the shed

http://i1123.photobu...zps3188704f.jpg

 

And some sunshine after 30 years of darkness behind the doors

http://i1123.photobu...zpsad8d91a6.jpg

 

Now i have gotten almost all the paint of, already painted the floor and soon the boot.

 

I put first layer of rust paint (or something like that.. its called noverox in Finland) Today to some of the parts that rust didn't get away with sanding. Will be getting the project go fast when these freezing -25 degrees Celcius temperatures get warm again and I can start sandblowing the worst places.

 

Floor painted

http://i1123.photobu...zpsb2mb5kyh.jpg

 

The place where i build this is nice. Only minus is that it costs me 50€ per month. It is not much, but as I'm 16y.o. Studying, without incomes. It does feel a little bit in my wallet.

 

I think I'll stop writing now, and put more info and pictures when making progress.

 

One last question to end for you guys: I bought whiteline swaybar for this. Should I take the front leaf away or not? I have completely stock shocks and springs.

 

-Teemu

  • Replies 77
  • Views 286k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Rollake10
    Rollake10

    Today (9.4) Was a good day. Perhaps my birthday and that I got my license had to do something with that ;) This day has gone cruising with my dads E60 8D   But to the Corolla! As always I've been bu

  • Rollake10
    Rollake10

    Thanks! I think I need to forget all the aftermarket carbies for a while as they are quite expensive.   I've been trying to get the car running smooth with the stock aisan.. car runs quite well when

  • Rollake10
    Rollake10

    Little Red Rolla finally worth its name! ;)   This is just a picture that the painter sent me. Haven't seen it yet.. Going to get it home next Friday i'm super excited!

Posted Images

  • Author

So I got my sway bar today. Has anyone took any pictures of their assembly? I'm not quite sure how it's supposed to be assembled to the car.

 

And:

 

Should I take the front leaf away or not?

 

E: thought about the assembly for a little time and got everything right ;)

 

-Teemu

Edited by Rollake10

post-7378-0-64271000-1390768884_thumb.jpg

 

The large L bracket bolts to the chassis rail, I used a custom control arm mount but the kit has a bracket

That bolts to the arm in a similar position.

Hope this helps.

 

Removing the front leaf is a good idea if you use a stiffer coil springs on the struts, otherwise you will bottom out the original front shocks and the ride will be terrible

Edited by KEI069

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

So got the last layer of rust paint on, except to the rear as there is too much rust to paint on. Took some bad photos but hope they will do. It is dark in there and I took the photos with my phone.

 

The rust paint on some rusty spots

http://i1123.photobu...zps9rdbquuj.jpg

http://i1123.photobu...zpsphmp6p7a.jpg

 

Flares or whatever you call them :D Front ones have to bee fitted in and rear ones have to be taken of because there's rust under them.

 

http://i1123.photobu...zpsangtfj2e.jpg

http://i1123.photobu...zpsangtfj2e.jpg

http://i1123.photobu...zpscbxoxuzv.jpg

 

To the end just some random pictures of the car

http://i1123.photobu...zpsnjrljdik.jpg

http://i1123.photobu...zpsbjv2p88y.jpg

http://i1123.photobu...zpswf1as8yf.jpg

http://i1123.photobu...zpsrmv30fdo.jpg

http://i1123.photobu...zps5gsydjz6.jpg

http://i1123.photobu...zpstmhurk2v.jpg

 

Thanks for reading! Trying to get the rear finished so I could start sandblasting it asap when the winter is over :)

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Some two component paint (Is it called that in english?) over the rust paints, might be getting sandblasting equipment next week if its not raining.

http://i1123.photobu...zpshvhjvlhz.jpg

http://i1123.photobu...zpsddpmh8bf.jpg

http://i1123.photobu...zps48b0eoeh.jpg

 

to do list at the moment:

- sandblast some places

- cover those spots with epoxy primer

- some bogging or putting bondo or what ever it's called

- Then thick layer of filler paint (I really am not sure about these english names)

 

Then its good for a while. after that its just light sanding --> sanding paint (very light layer of paint that you sand ehit high grit paper) --> red coat over the car and we're ready for nice summer of assembling! :)

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

I have done some working on the car lately and really got a boost to building from warm weather and sun :)

I already sandblasted the front of the car and painted it with some epoxy primer.

 

Sanblasting

http://i1123.photobu...zps0qc2rkrf.jpg

http://i1123.photobu...zpszwsjjo9o.jpg

 

Painting for the first time ever with a real paint spray (no spray paint can things)

http://i1123.photobu...zpsck8wbleh.jpg

http://i1123.photobu...zps5reinxao.jpg

 

Remaining paint to the roof

http://i1123.photobu...zpsgc2dauat.jpg

 

Sandbalsting some more at next weekend after that I should start smoothing out the rear flares and start fabricating front ones. And my girlfriend promised to help by sanding the "indoors"? of the car so i can paint them. :)

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Hello there!

Its been nice weather here in Finland except for yesterday and today. Because of that I have done big progress in my project.

Painted front end with glossy black polyurethane paint.

 

Even tought yesterday was a rainy day, it was propably one of the best in long time. And here is the reason:

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l558/zuzukipeevee/Mobile%20Uploads/20140504_112842_zps7jvpzhpu.jpg

 

Having real difficulties whit the body filler :S I've done it before and getting that large area smooth is difficult.. Does anyone have any tips for me?

 

Cheers,

Teemu

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Got her running :) It did not even need any fixing, I just dropped the engine in place --> attached required electrics --> gave it fuel and twisted the key.

 

Heres a little video about it, hope it works fine (though it does have bad quality)

(I'm going to add link soon, as photobucket is very slow atm and I need some sleep :P )

 

Heres some cam specs. http://i1123.photobu...zpstzhzakoc.jpg (Imu = intake, pako = exhaust, nosto = lift, asteet = degrees/duration)

 

"Can't" wait to start welding the rust spots (read: whole backside of the car) as welding is definetly not my greatest strenght.

 

Hopefuly in my next update it will be close to primering.

 

Cheers,

Teemu

The video doesn't show up for me. Sounds like you're screaming along! Looking forward to the next instalment.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
Here it is! Sorry it took so long. And i know that the sound quality is poor.. but it was filmed with a phone :)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Painted a part of the car today. Have to say I'm very happy about the quality I was able to make. Do you guys like the color, its the same color that the whole car is going to be (RAL 3003) I really like the color myself!

 

20140608_183831_zpsmuy6prq5.jpg

20140608_173902_zps11vszd4v.jpg

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Hello!

 

Have been doing some of the interior ready and it looks so good!

http://i1123.photobu...zpspnrloxx6.jpg

http://i1123.photobu...zpsfhwypfom.jpg

http://i1123.photobu...zps8bgouvib.jpg

 

Also I have done a clutch cable and some work on the brakes. Its just hard to find parts here :S I actually drove the car for the first time yesterday! 10 meters out of the garage but it was amazing feeling :) today i had to take carb and manifolds out to clean the carb and fix an air leak. Also have to fix oil leak from fuel pump and a water leak from the thermostat.

 

A friend of mine who is painter/ someone who fixes dents (don't know the word :D) is going to come sand the body filler to right shapes as i can't get it good enough..

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.