Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Little Red Rolla - Ke10 Build

Featured Replies

Are there still 3 locating screws on front panel for the headlamp bucket? Mine was missing one on the drivers side that i had to weld a new mount on for otherwise there was not enough to hold it on...

  • Replies 77
  • Views 285.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Rollake10
    Rollake10

    Today (9.4) Was a good day. Perhaps my birthday and that I got my license had to do something with that ;) This day has gone cruising with my dads E60 8D   But to the Corolla! As always I've been bu

  • Rollake10
    Rollake10

    Thanks! I think I need to forget all the aftermarket carbies for a while as they are quite expensive.   I've been trying to get the car running smooth with the stock aisan.. car runs quite well when

  • Rollake10
    Rollake10

    Little Red Rolla finally worth its name! ;)   This is just a picture that the painter sent me. Haven't seen it yet.. Going to get it home next Friday i'm super excited!

Posted Images

  • Author

Are there still 3 locating screws on front panel for the headlamp bucket? Mine was missing one on the drivers side that i had to weld a new mount on for otherwise there was not enough to hold it on...

No. Both sides have two adjustment screws and then theres spring behind to hold it. thats how I thought its supposed to be. Problem is that I need to get the bucket to rotate so it would not hit to the chrome trim holding brackets.

 

Oh and the bucket only haves holes for two adjustment screws! Thats how it's supposed to be, right? Then a small hole for a spring?

  • Author

Rookies mistake! I have used wrong holes. I used the ones with M8 thread, not the ones that you put the plastic backing pieces to the slots.

 

Problem solved I think, but I only had one of those plastic backing pieces.. I'll try to find some more from finnish toyota forum.

 

Now that I have solved the mystery of my head lamps I need to get the engine running with the new carb from 68' Crown :)

 

E: Or I just file the round holes to square and put the ebay adjustment screw plugs in..

Edited by Rollake10

  • Author

d644c4fe-2786-43a6-971f-93c070c5e92c_zpstbwqlmte.jpg

 

Now I just need to find upholsterer who would make my roof finished so I can get my windows on.

  • Author

From what year of an Galant did the brake master cylinder fit to ke10? How much longer is the MC? (LHD problems..) Is that MC boosted?

 

The original is leaking even tought I changed all parts inside it..

Great project, the body has come up really well with those flares :y:

Looking forward to more updates.

Edited by Doogs

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author


So Corolla is finally working good. Had to change the alternator today. Idle is around 1000-1200 rpm but I'll try to get it even at 1000. In the end of the video you can see tomorrows project.. the roofs upholstering. Wish me luck as I just twisted my ankle really bad! :oops: Atleast I have friends helping me. We'll see how the roof comes out as we're doing it bit different and unproffesional style.
  • Author

No worries it did not slow me down at all :)

 

(I'll just link all the photos as photobuckets editor doesn't work and the photos are too big..)

 

Roof is coming out nice! I first glued 3cm thick foam to the roof like this:

http://i1123.photobu...zpsqynoioma.jpg

 

next was 1cm thick foam wich I used to make the shape of the roof:

http://i1123.photobu...zpsfktumc47.jpg

 

If you are interested you can go to my photobucket and watch more pictures, but basically I measured and centered the large foam pieces to the roof and then glued them to roof and cut them to shape.

 

Ofcourse I could not had done this all by myself, so thanks to my friend Olavi and my girlfriend Jenna :)

 

Today my girlfriend and I are doing the c-pilar vinyls and maybe trying to do the whole roof. I'm so excited because after the roof is done I can just put the windows to place and register the car! And I tought that I wouldn't drive this car this summer :P

 

By the way I bought this boot lid rubber from thailand (I know they are not good, but I'll give it a try) how are you supposed to assembly it? glue it on or something?

http://i1123.photobu...zpsqyobwc55.jpg

Is this even how it is supposed to be?

Edited by Rollake10

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

My horn fuse pops immediately after I put it there. I have checked horns, brake lights, Indoor lights etc. Which connects to the same circuit as horn fuse.. I'm thinking that some wire has to be broken and touching ground.. does anyone know if theres a typical spot for wires to break or if I should check something else.

 

I'll post pics of the done interior and car later today

  • Author

Wires checked,didn't see anything anusual. Now my alternator broke again. Does anyone have a clue of whats going on?

  • Author

False alarm! The Cigarette lighter was in wrong wires so thats why it popped the fuses.. still don't know why the alternator doesn't work.

  • Author

Does anyone know what is the "extra" blue wire coming from the voltage regulator? Still having problems with charging.

 

This is the second alternator in month, they both have died when the car has not been running or when starting.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.