Where To Buy Lowering Blocks From?

Trent-KE30

Members dont see this ad

Flipping leaves over requires a rattle gun due to rusted bolts most of the time.

Which leaves do you suggest to turn over?

Cos i thought turning over leaves would raise the height of the vehicle in question.

http://www.burnincustoms.com/content/view/11/14/

From my knowledge lowering blocks are quite generic, as well as the extended 'U Bolts' needed to make it work. That said, it would be preferable to flip a leaf or two or get them reset; it will make a safer more comfortable ride. Lowering blocks are dodgy. That said, once you've sorted out what the go is with them, let us know so I can put some on the sedan :P.

They are advertised on Burnin Customs for between $40-$80 for a kit including extended U bolts etc. They range between 1" and 4". Also, it is said on that page that they will reset springs for $300 :|. Not good news, to me anyway.

Dan.

Edited by Dan

Flipping leaves over requires a rattle gun due to rusted bolts most of the time.

Which leaves do you suggest to turn over?

Cos i thought turning over leaves would raise the height of the vehicle in question.

Flipping leaves over does not require a rattle gun....it requires some vice grips, a 13 mm spanner and a G clamp...

And if you flip the smallest and second smallest leaf, it puts the car at the height of ALL the ones I have lowered and put pics of up on this site.

I have lowered probably 10 corollas using this method, and do not own a rattle gun.

As i did say and do quote "most of the time". I didnt say they all require it and i've seen some pretty rusted leaf springs in my time, but i will give this a shot when i lower the front of my car :P

But you are completely wrong with most of the time....I have flipped lots and lots of sets of leaves....and ALL of them have been rusty, and never once had to use a rattle gun, in fact if I had used a rattle gun, all it would have done is snapped the bolt. As it is by hand the bolts often snap. I have lowered my KE30, my friends KE30 twice, and my friends KE55 all in the last 6 weeks, and not needed a rattle gun....so that would definately not qualify as most of the time.

But you are completely wrong with most of the time....I have flipped lots and lots of sets of leaves....and ALL of them have been rusty, and never once had to use a rattle gun, in fact if I had used a rattle gun, all it would have done is snapped the bolt. As it is by hand the bolts often snap. I have lowered my KE30, my friends KE30 twice, and my friends KE55 all in the last 6 weeks, and not needed a rattle gun....so that would definately not qualify as most of the time.

Maybe YOU have success, but everyone isnt YOU dude.

So don't go implying that just because you've successfully flipped springs means that me or anyone else that has attempted it is "completely wrong" because I'm the one that was doing the work, not you :P

I know here in SA, few years ago, lowering blocks could be bought from Motormate for $80 or so. not sure if you have motormate interstate.

I have pulled 1969 leaf packs apart without a rattle gun.

I have reset leafs in my ke30 cost $300 including an extra leaf. I must admit tho I'm not 100% happy with them as not they sit dead flat and don't provide the best ride.

My ke11 has extra leafs added ontop of the normal pack with one or two flipped. This lowered the car enough and stiffened it aswell but skips quite a lot around corners (good fun tho :P ) got 7 leafs in there now, little overkill i think.

Soon i plan on getting a standard leaf pack, removing a leaf or two and adding small lowering blocks. then running stiff sway bars and some sort of anti tramp. Be a bit of an experiment. all in my ke30.

my 2c

Scott.

• 3 weeks later...

the best way i've come across so far is to take the top leaf with the eyelet, get it flipped over (so eyelet faces opposite way to before, which would be down) then get that one reset, that gives a couple of inches, and doesn't give you bad bad axle tramp like most of the other ways, an anyone with half a clue will figure out the tools they require as they set off into the job, i'm sure there are people that have pulled leaf packs apart with their teeth...

• Upvote 1