Ke55 Coupe Daily Driver

beerhead

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sign me up for one of those plates Sam, very keen.

Woo Hoo!!! Got all the front suspension in today :y: It's a completely different car, ride height is no-longer like a 4x4(on the front), springs are a pretty good match. Haven't got a wheel alignment yet, but I'm already impressed by the way the car sits on the road.

I really need to invest in a digital camera!

• 2 weeks later...

Wheel alignment made a huge difference. By the looks though the steering box is busted so that has to go be changed too. Gotta love the place i got the work done, Rocklea Mechanical Repairs. The owners mate had just bought Tony Longhurst's targa tasmania car and was sitting on the hoist getting checked over. The shockies on the thing had a 38mm bore and were $5000 a corner. Apparently they're the same brand that run's in the V8 super cars. mmm, 1 shocky would cost the planned build cost of my whole car :) Brian who run's the joint is a champion, he races a highly modified porche 911.

922.jpg

Edited by beerhead

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Picked up the Spirit on the weekend. bit rough around the edges, so it'll be a quick grind and bog over for rwc. I might keep an eye out for a cheap auto with a good body. I wonder if I should store pinky and fix it up really do like the old car and I've alway's wanted to play with another worked K motor.