Ke55 Coupe Daily Driver

beerhead

Taking ownership of my 5th corolla tomorrow!

Pretty clean for it's age, a neat little unit, pity they painted the bumpers! gonna have to score some KE30 ones.

You might have seen it on ebay b4 a scored it, it was just hiding a suburb away :P

It's a round head light model :|

Current Specs:

Stock low K import 4K,stocko exhaust, factory 5spd recoed apparently...

New clutch and brakes

Metallic red with purple pearl, a little standard KE55 rust and a little bingle on the drivers door

New tyres, 14" rims.

Honda CRX seats

Celica tacho in dash, now with bump auto-switch

Mod's bolting in soon:

I'm putting in a 4AGE 20V sometime, money permitting.

Mazda B1800 4.4 rate diff with EA falcon brakes.

Cheers guys.

Edited by beerhead

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking at the dash, i don't think its a factory tocho, its a celica tacho an its totaly diffrent to the speedo and the numbers seem to be a little close to the edge surround.

does it have a fuel and temp guage?

but it looks good, i like the seats.

its a later model than my new red coupe.

Opinions please

I wondering if anyone has ever rebuilt a smallport bottom end and used the bigport head and inlet manifold.

Do you reakon my theory will hold up?

Bigport compression = 9.4:1

Smallport compression = 10.3:1

Standard injector size = 182 cc

Apparently the combination does have a good result, i have not seen this working or any power figures but a mate of mine is doing this for his track car.

when i say this i mean- 7 rib smallport block with a tvis bigport head, but he is taking the tvis out of the manifold.

Sweet, glad to hear someone else is building a hybrid bigport. I can't wait to get an efi motor going if the old rolla!

So confirmed, the tacho is a celica job, I love the sleeper factor :) Should have realized, how could there be 2 "brakes" warning lights!! The fuel and temp guage sit to the left of the speedo, where the clock should be, I think...

Went gremlin hunting today, hmm, gotta love retards and there quality rust fixes. They call it bog because some people could shit on there car and do just as good a job :P The colour matched in few patches is a marone too, doh!

That speedo looks ok, but would have looked better with a KE50 tacho. So where is the Fuel and Temp guages?? So how would you wire in a tacho like that into ur speedo cluster??

I don't understand why they would paint the chrome bumpers?? I love chrome!! Gimme Chrome anyday!!

Lastly, wheres the steering wheel??

Edited by JiP_01

So confirmed, the tacho is a celica job, I love the sleeper factor Should have realized, how could there be 2 "brakes" warning lights!! The fuel and temp guage sit to the left of the speedo, where the clock should be, I think...

And the wheel is on it but the dash pic was done thru the wheel, look at the pic after and you will see the wheel