5K Pushrods

angelfacebully

Members dont see this ad

If this is a stock 5k with a stock 5k head using holden/chev solid lifters than datsun A12 push rods are supposed to fit. I tried this conversion and they were too long. Solved it by using spacers under my rocker.

That's because that setup works for a 5k bottom end 3k/4k head combo ;)

^^^ Sure is. The dished piston 4K push rods fit straight into a 5K with solid lifters....RARE AS ROCKING HORSE POO...

BUT

If you look some where in my KE15 thread I worked out I can run 3F (stock 5K also) lifters with off top of head 3K push rods with large cup machined down. Running adjustable 4K rockers on steel KE70 rocker posts rockers will need a LARGE radius put in them and the back end ground away THEN since adjuster is so far out top of rocker cover has to be die grinded away OR run an old K one has less ribs and presto FITS :) So witha grinder a few old 4K's and that can work and hey seen well over 8000RPM in my KE15 and never bent a rod or blown a ground down rocker so PARTY on... And this way don't need to get heavy as sin chev lifters with hard to get/expensive push rods. I used all stock stuff :)

And as a thrird option. Take stock hydro lifter remove guts drop the seat push rod sits in all way to bottom of lifter. Use 4K push rods and 4K rockers DONE also. Reason I coulldnt do this is I destroyed a set of solid lifters and a nice cam :(

Cheers

Cameron