Fellas What Manifold Combo Is This One?

diegoh

Members dont see this ad

No idea but was an original rolla engine was never touched until I took it as old fella rolled the rolla coming back from the pub onto his own driveway!

He had his foot firm on the accelerator instead of brake, no wheels on the ground, put a leg out of bed etc.

Exhaut is just ke30 I picked up elsewhere as custom headers always run worse than stock twin outlet.

Edited by diegoh

Pretty sure the dual outlet exaust manifolds only came out on ke70's.

The big ported manifolds came on some 3k ke20's.

Its still unknown why you can get a big port head with single carb, but it's not a "big port" as such. I have one of those manifolds and it is an original casting.

Edited by GJM85

Late KE55 square headlight through to KE70 had a single outlet exhaust manifold.

Models prior (KE30 1974-1978) and early KE55 round headlight had the twin pipes... I have seen it many times over the years, if anyone begs to differ then the car may have had a change over engine put in from a later lower km Corolla.

As Littleredspirit pointed, typically parts marked such as the manifold are ones from wreckers who sell over the counter.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The inlet mani was not paired to the inlet, just asking about the inlet never asked anything about the exhaust as they are nothing to do with high port inlet manis and the inlet has a twin downdraft setup so two holes up top :) also there was another inlet with the twin but had way smaller inlet ports.

Edited by diegoh

now we are getting loopy, a twin downdraft carb can be anything you want son have your dreams and sugar them with honey

Well when somebody says 'twin downdraft' they would normally mean twin carb.... Whereas you are referring to a twin throat carb.