How To Tell The Difference Between 4Ac 4Age 4Agze Engine Numbers???

Members dont see this ad

No, all 4A engine numbers start with 4A.

If the engine is running in a car it should be easy enough to tell.

4AC - carby, inlet and exhaust manifold on same side.

4AGE - fuel injected, inlet on drivers side, exhaust on passenger side (RWD) inlet on rear, exhaust front (FWD)

4AGZE - same as 4AGE except on the GZE under the inlet manifold there is a supercharger.

thanks for your replies, but not quite what i was after

The car has had several engine conversions,

its a ke70 so I'm guessing it started with a 4k, then the previous owner had converted in to a 4agze at some point and now currently has a 4ac in it. On the license renewal form its say the engine number is 4A23xxxxx

so what engine is the car registered with? the 4agze or the 4ac

is mod plated the same as an engineers certificate?

not sure either way, but if its registered with a 4agze would it need anything to run a 4agze legally? would it of already gone though the pits to get registered with a 4agze?

thanks for your help

I'm guessing you are in SA? I think your best bet is to talk to your local transport department, or even an engineer.

2nd hand internet conjecture and hearsay is rarely correct and your best bet is to talk to someone who will be approving any paperwork you may need.

There is so much variation between states that me (or anyone) giving you information correct for my (their) state could be completely wrong in another.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

found it and it is different to the one on the rego paper, also found that it has an engineering certificate for a 4agze. hopefully when i take it to the pits i'll tell them its just a less powerfull 4a motor and there wont be an issue.

thanks for all the help :)