Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wideband Afr Kit

Featured Replies

I'm thinking of buying a digital wideband for the Ke20. I've read a little about them on the intergoogle but I'm still a little unsure if it's money well spent.

Are they worth the effort and coin? Should I get a data logger? Is there anything I should consider before I run out like a doodle berry and blow some of my tax return?

 

I'm using the MTX-L from Innovate Motorsport, costs about $220. Seems to operate just fine & very handy for carb-tuning, you also have the ability to data-log the info via laptop. I haven't tested it back to back with another unit, but it refreshes the readings pretty quickly & appears to be relatively accurate.

If you have lots of cars and are prepared to put the oxy sensor plug into each exhaust manifold they are excellent.

 

The narrow-band I have on the SUs was great for shaping the needles, but once I had them set up the guage doesn't do anything. I'll take it out and mount it in the wife's Pulsar SSS one day to check that, but the gold KE70 will have to wait until I weld a nut onto the downpipe.

 

But one and rent it out!

Problem with datalogging on a carby car is what are you going to datalog against?

 

I think you really need to datalog against RPM, MAP, TPS to get any sort of real information out of it, and doing that on a carby car its starts getting complicated...

 

I have had experience with two,

 

the innovated LC1 and the NGK powerdex.

 

Since you won't be interfacing it with a laptop, the NGK one might suit you better as it comes with a LCD screen so you can read it straight off. its got a nice box, the LCD was a bit bright at night.....

 

The innovate LC1 that we had didn't have a screen (but i believe you can buy them for extra $$), we interfaced it with megasquirt ECU fine.

 

we did have issues with 2 LC1 control units exploding (replaced on warranty), but the LC2 is out now, which might be better.

 

If i was buying one i would most likely go for the powerdex, just for the LCD screen.

 

The NGK uses a bosch sensor, which some say is superior to others.

  • Author

I've been looking at an AEM gauge kit on eBay. It's pretty cheap @ about $170. I'm thinking of using one to tune the carb properly once the cam goes in. But as Altezza said, once it's tuned, it's done.

 

But knowing myself as well as I do, I'll never be done...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.