Electronic Ignition

corollaart

Sorry I'm a bit late to the party Rob!!

Apparently the internal ignighters haven't been available for atleast 2-3yrs. I had a reasonable search for tommyske11 around 2yr ago and came up with nothing. I am going to my ignition guy Monday to pick up my magna-fj20 CAS. I'll quiz him if he has one stashed down the back and his thoughts on what goes where with the new direction.

Stu.

Edit.

I wonder how close to original those ones on eBay "jzspares" sell are? They might sell the ignighter seperatly if it's the same.

Edited by kickn5k

Members dont see this ad

No worries Stuart ,my plan is to have a crack at wiring it up and see what happens .

Ive got nothing to lose ha ha

I think that i wouldnt be a good bomb defusing expert :drinks:

As a mate of mine said how hard can it be,its only wires one ways right one way is or f##k,then the magic smoke escapes.

I found a CDI with a bosch points dizzy far more effective than the electronic dizzy without going to the trouble of an ignition recurve.

I use a StreetFire CDI. It cost about $170. I highly recommend it. Oddly enough I have not seen anyone else use one on a k motor.

The MSD 6AL-2 Digital is a programable unit you can use with points. It effectively uses the points as a cranks angle sensor and you can program your advance curve. Dwell time becomes a thing of the past with CDI so you get big spark every time, no hot coils or burned out points adjustable rev limiter, multi spark at low rpm. I recommend the shit out of it.

I've now got 6AL-1 in the shed i was gifted from a mate. Its a bit of old tech and uses a interchangeable chip type rev limiter but it's like new. It's a fair size bigger than the budget streetfire unit but output to the coil is slightly higher. For some reason they still retail around the $300 mark.