Adams Twinky

springersrolla

Members dont see this ad

That wheel /tyre profile should be much better. Judging by the dizzy cap and the plugs, if you give the engine and radiator a good reverse flush with a hose and replace the thermostat, your cooling function may return.

I would seriously consider replacing the hoses too. They are likely to be pretty marginal. The stocko cooling fan should be perfectly adequate. If it isn't, the issue is elsewhere in the cooling system.

The faded red paint is standard from that era, may well come up with a good cut and polish.

Hey yeah the car did have black lights and a big dirty cannon. Got rid of that quick smart. Actually drives pretty good with the 15's. Needs some decent grippy tyres and suspension sorted soon. Yeah parrot ill give the whole system a flush. Has a near new radiator and green coolant but that doesnt mean anything. Ill spend sometime on her tomorrow and get the cooling system sorted. I started with a cut and polish but gave up when it looked the same. Awesome runabout but. 400km downcwith over a quarter of a tank to go

• 2 weeks later...

spent a bit of time on her last week,flushed radiator, ran mukowt thru the motor for 20mins, dropped mix and replaced thermostat. the gauge gets to about half way before the thermo fan kicks on but the car runs just under a quarter while on cruise. I'm going to look at the thermo fan switch but I'm happy with how the cooling systems going.

checked the resistance on the trd spark plug leads, all for show, ill be replacing them as some where pretty bad and must have some age about them.

i picked up some monroe gt and lowered springs a few days ago so ill be chasing up some superpro bushes and change it all out at once. ive been reading about castor in the front struts, so i just turn the top 90 degrees and it will give me more castor is that right...??

got round to giving it a really deep cut and the paint lost alot of its chalkyness. its got some nice wax on it now and looks much better.

sorted out some tint also so I'm pretty happy with how its all looking and going.

any other suggestions for the car? I'm thinking of returning standard air box and getting rid of the pod, need to tidy up a few interior pieces, wanting to chase up a rear swaybar and probably tweek the exhaust system a bit, maybe better cat.

put some photos up soon!

So been a bit slack because I was trying to organise shit and sell another car but ive just picked up a 4agze and e58lsd. Its only very early days and intend on the bigport to get me around as a daily until its time to drop her in. Its a ae101 MAP 4agze with full loom. Unsure of whether to turbo or remain supercharged. Thinking of turboing as I have a s14 t28 here. I have heard that the gze ecu will deal with a turbo and some say it wont. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions/ opinions/ issues that may arise with the conversion?? I want reliability and drive ability. I would rather a responsive motor over boost coming on like a light switch.

Should try and install the 2" lowered struts/springs this weekend but will be pushing to at least get superpro bushes for the control arms so I can do it all at once

But hey any ideas or suggestions on the conversion I'm all ears. Its gonna be a learning curve. Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

lowered my 82. Started with all corner superpro bush kit from ranko87 at citysuspension. Big ups!! Anyone chasing gear do yourself a favour.

So I picked up some second hand lowered struts and went to out them in. Didnt look when I bought them but was told will fit twinky. Put rear bushes in and rear struts and the car was cutting my tyres. Way too low. Looks fat. can't have anyone in the car but me, scrubs everywhere. This is after I rolled every guard. Put new rear wheel bearings in while I was at it so rear is sussed bar struts. I have to get new rear struts sooner than later. Front I picked up some kyb excel gs as I was needing to drive the car and couldnt have it not being my daily. Perfect with kingys for drivi g. Still waiting for adjustable/fatter rear swaybar so let me know if anhone has one!!! Getting wheel alignment tomorrow so hopefully sort the scrubbing out a bit. Handles well so be interested to see with the alignment. Picked up e58 lsd today and it was bombed on its nuts. Had a heap of parts and was a steady scrubby drive home. Ill put a few posts up down the track but just enjoying it as a daily. Got some front bigger brakes off ae93 s2 so ill get them on with new pads. Using no oil since I fixed the dizzy seal! Go the 4a. Cheers

post-7052-0-68623100-1417943035_thumb.jpg

Edited by springersrolla

• 4 months later...

So shes still goin strong. Done a heap of work and enjoying it. 3 window channels had rusted out and stopped the windows winding up/down so i found some new ones and put them in, tps and tune all sorted and still cheap as shit on fuel. Best i have returned is about 7.6lts and thats driving fairly spirited. Car is sitting with brand new kyb struts all round and sl king springs. Not cheap but worth it. Nice and tight with superpro bushes also. No other real plans for it hust yet other than tidying it up and trying to keep it original. Still yet to see another red one on my travels but sure theres heaps around. have to sus out a cruise