November 8, 201411 yr comment_690404 Has anyone tried adapting a T50 shift lever assembly to a K40/50? If it can be done it would open up more options such short shift kits and easy to locate spare bushings. Report
November 8, 201411 yr comment_690407 From what I have been told the t50s bolt on to KE70 K boxes. Report
November 9, 201411 yr comment_690431 I'll test this out today, I'm interested too, have both at home but never tried. I'll let you know how I go Report
November 10, 201411 yr Author comment_690448 Sweet! I have three T50s but none have a lever with them... Report
November 10, 201411 yr comment_690464 If they're the later type (ae86/ae71) you could just get one of the trd short shift kits off Ebay. Report
November 10, 201411 yr comment_690472 I can confirm that at least a shifter from a ke70 k40 fits and can select all gears in an ADM t50, was a bit loose but the bushing was pretty shagged. Was only a quick test, I'll try the t50 shifter with new bushing in the k40 and see what it's like and take pics when I get home Edited November 11, 201411 yr by ollienewc Report
November 11, 201411 yr comment_690505 Worked the other way for me too (ie t50 shifter into ke70 k40), and was much tighter with the new bushes. So that should make it nice and easy to source rebuild kits, and also to get a short shifter into a ke70 k40 at least. Edited November 11, 201411 yr by ollienewc Report
November 11, 201411 yr comment_690519 And obviously works the other way too (ie t50 shifter into k40), and was much tighter with the new bushes. So that should make it nice and easy to source rebuild kits, and also to get a short shifter into a k40/50. Noice. Getting a bit ahead of yourself there I think..... Was this a ke70 k40? because a ke30/55 k40 has a different shifter again.....which also has a different shifter to a ke30/55 k50. You make it sound like every k40/k50 has identical shifters which is very far from the truth! Report
November 11, 201411 yr comment_690521 From what I have been told the t50s bolt on to KE70 K boxes. As far as I know the KE70 box is the only one compatible. Report
November 11, 201411 yr comment_690540 Gahh sorry peeps, my bad. Was getting around to photos for this very reason. But yeah forgot to mention it's a ke70 k40 as far as I can tell (in ke70 wagon, shifter hole not cut or moved) and an ADM T50. I cannot comment on other combinations. A mate has a k50, not sure what it's out of though, but I'll hopefully try that out too. Sorry for the confusion. Have also edited my previous posts Edited November 11, 201411 yr by ollienewc Report
November 13, 201411 yr comment_690628 The late KE70 gearbox and T50 have the same shifter. KE55 and earlier K50/K40 boxes have a different shifter to the above. Unsure if T50s have different shifters. Report
November 13, 201411 yr comment_690634 Forwrd (ta22) and rear(ae86) shifer position T40/50s have different shifters. Belive T40 and T50 of same model share shifters Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now