Adapting T50 Shift Lever To A K40/50?

redvalkyrie

Members dont see this ad

I can confirm that at least a shifter from a ke70 k40 fits and can select all gears in an ADM t50, was a bit loose but the bushing was pretty shagged. Was only a quick test, I'll try the t50 shifter with new bushing in the k40 and see what it's like and take pics when I get home

Edited by ollienewc

Worked the other way for me too (ie t50 shifter into ke70 k40), and was much tighter with the new bushes. So that should make it nice and easy to source rebuild kits, and also to get a short shifter into a ke70 k40 at least.

Edited by ollienewc

And obviously works the other way too (ie t50 shifter into k40), and was much tighter with the new bushes. So that should make it nice and easy to source rebuild kits, and also to get a short shifter into a k40/50. Noice.

Getting a bit ahead of yourself there I think.....

Was this a ke70 k40? because a ke30/55 k40 has a different shifter again.....which also has a different shifter to a ke30/55 k50. You make it sound like every k40/k50 has identical shifters which is very far from the truth!

Gahh sorry peeps, my bad. Was getting around to photos for this very reason. But yeah forgot to mention it's a ke70 k40 as far as I can tell (in ke70 wagon, shifter hole not cut or moved) and an ADM T50. I cannot comment on other combinations.

A mate has a k50, not sure what it's out of though, but I'll hopefully try that out too. Sorry for the confusion. Have also edited my previous posts

Edited by ollienewc