Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke20 3Tc Weapon

Featured Replies

I recently aquired a 74 KE20 to use as my primary track car while I finish a few other projects.

 

It has already been extensively modified and mod plated for everything which is the reason I bought this particular car.

 

The build specs as I bought it were:

 

3TC Bored and Stroked close to 2L

TRD cam, twin webers, fixed timing dizzy

T50 with trd close ratio gearset

RX2 with mazworks LSD, 4 wheel discs, hydraulic handbrake

6 Point cage, seam welding, buckets and harnesses

Rays 3pc meshies

Mod plated for all of the above in QLD in '95

 

The bloke I bought it off was a dodgey prick though, and despite my only condition on buying the car that it be a 'nothing to work on' deal, I've already had to do a fair bit of work.

 

The whole steering system was shagged, worn steering box, flogged bushes and dangerously sloppy tierods etc. Zipties instead of brake clips, leaking brake fittings, leaking coolant, exhaust had more weld than tube etc etc.

 

  • Replies 43
  • Views 328.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I replaced the whole steering setup with KE70 rack and pinion   KE70 rack, KE20 crossmember:   KE70 rack mounts grafted onto ke20 crossmember:   Finished:   KE70 rack mated to KE20 outte

  • Banged an ebay aluminium radiator and new hoses in. Fitted a set of OBX tuned length extractors, built a stainless 2.5" exhaust. Resonator in the mid pipe, a magnaflow at the rear.  

  • Took it to proserpine and had my first crack at drifting. Had an awesome day, lots of fun throwing the death trap sideways! The old girl has heaps of body roll, I havent had a chance to make some rol

Posted Images

  • Author

I replaced the whole steering setup with KE70 rack and pinion

 

KE70 rack, KE20 crossmember:

post-22577-0-10830400-1427774443_thumb.jpg

 

KE70 rack mounts grafted onto ke20 crossmember:

post-22577-0-90659800-1427774448_thumb.jpg

 

Finished:

post-22577-0-62283900-1427774453_thumb.jpg

 

KE70 rack mated to KE20 outter tierods and sleeves:

post-22577-0-24464100-1427774458_thumb.jpg

 

KE20 Ignition housing and steering shaft top bearing housing mated to ke70 column:

post-22577-0-46908500-1427774461_thumb.jpg

 

Grafted the 70s firewall mount to the 20, standard 70 column mounted directly to the 20s dash.

It does sit too much to tye left by about 1 - 1.5"

post-22577-0-62228700-1427774464_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Banged an ebay aluminium radiator and new hoses in. Fitted a set of OBX tuned length extractors, built a stainless 2.5" exhaust. Resonator in the mid pipe, a magnaflow at the rear.

 

post-22577-0-21664600-1427775692_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Took it to proserpine and had my first crack at drifting. Had an awesome day, lots of fun throwing the death trap sideways!

The old girl has heaps of body roll, I havent had a chance to make some roll centre adjusters yet so the steering is out too.

The only dramas I had all day where a snapped accelerator cable, stretched clutch cable and the brake pedal pin came out.

 

My gopro battery died early in the day, well before i got a feel for the car and drifting, but I put a crude chop job together of some not entirely shit bits:

 

https://www.youtube....bed/s_oi6PVRhz0

  • Author

Superpro bushes all round just turned up along with new ball joints. Good time to measure up and machine up some roll centre adjusters.

Next big upgrade will be weld on coilover front, and thinking of removing all but a locating leaf in the rear and throwing some coilovers all round.

 

Not sure if anyones gone down that path on the arse end?

  • Author

Put it on the rollers today went about as good as I expected...

post-22577-0-36841700-1427939822_thumb.jpg

I am glad to see a build thread for this one. I saw your Vid on FB. Your car looks like it's a blast to drive. I am thinking of getting the same exhaust. Would you recommend the header?

Edited by Skellington

  • Author

I bought the headers 2nd hand, apparently the manifold flange had been 'modified for clearance' for what I don't know. I chopped the outlet flange off and welded a V band on. I had to massage the floor pan for clearance. Modified my gbox xmember to allow a 2.5" pipe to pass through it. Trying to keep the exhaust tucked up high.

 

Also, my rolla is RHD so no steering shaft or box. But since obx are US market, that shouldnt be a problem.

 

And yeah the rolla is a fun little rig, will be better with good suspension

 

 

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

I replaced all the bushes in the rolla with Superpro poly bushes, grafted a TA22 rear swaybar, fixed some wiring and replaced the intake gasket and softmounts.

I made up a punch to modify the gasket to suit the ported head and match ported manifold. I collected all the pieces that were trimmed and it added up to the equivalent of half an intake port!

 

Big difference in handling, steering and power!

Getting some good angle and something resembling control

 

post-22577-0-71507700-1430093290_thumb.jpg

 

post-22577-0-18879200-1430093534_thumb.jpg

post-22577-0-13950600-1430093542_thumb.jpg

post-22577-0-29623800-1430093550_thumb.jpg

Doesnt seem to matter how stiff the ke corollas are they still look like theyll fall over when you really chuck em around...

Thought of doubling up the front sway bar. Did it to a ke35 and it certainly stopped the car rolling.

I almost got a rear off the ground and the bootlid popped open lol...

post-17369-0-56204400-1430382947_thumb.png

Looks like fun mate!

What lower control arms are you running? Standard/extended/something else?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.